Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

If it's too loud, you're too old!

G8JUa9I.jpg

For fuck's sake. Neighbours above drilling at 8 in the fucking morning. For one goddamn hour already. For umpteenth time in the past couple of years.

anger-o.gif

So at 4 in the morning then :P I'm not even sure who's in that apartment, the owners have been renting it for more than a decade, usually to Asians.

Well it's the apartment above, I don't need to go past it :) Speaking of horror movie plots... one Asian family who lived there fled the apartment in a hurry once... probably got deported or something. Anyway, they turned off all the electric devices including the fridge... which was full of meat. So days later there was blood pouring down the walls in the building hallways.

I saw DragonForce play on an impossibly small stage last night - hilarious! Guitars hitting mic stands, guitarists' heads hitting mic stands, band members shuffling past each other. :D

Very good!

Nah, they did pretty well, although the vocals were almost inaudible at times. I saw Katatonia unplugged at the same venue a few months ago, and they were crammed into a tiny space. I did wonder how a more lively band would manage. Let's just say Herman Li will have quite a bump on his head this morning.

I don't think it would affect Bruce. You could nail his feet to the floor and (excruciating pain aside) he's still put on a great show, no prob. I think for Bruce, he can do more if you give him a big stage, but doesn't need it.

I've played at a few bars with stages so small I had zero room to move. Ya work through the maze of cables to your spot, you stand and play. But I've found that so long as you've got just enough room to dance a bit as you play, it's not so bad on small stages. Once the music starts you forget about stage size.

From "The Satanistic Pible": "...The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!"

Back