Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My youngest is trying to put together a Minion costume for Halloween.

Here's some inspiration!

xyzyuQM.jpg

I was posting something when I lost my connection earlier. Can't remember what it was now. Oh well.:blink:

Last edited:
I will be going to Munich in the 2nd week of January. I know somebody here is from Germany I forgot who though.
Anyways a few questions I'd like to ask
1-chances that it will snow when I go
2-are the beer halls full even on the weekdays not just the weekends
3-Is it worth seeing Neuschwanstein
4- 1 museum worth going to is?

Wizard, next thing you know, you'll be killing kittens. <_<

Despicable Me is my favourite cartoon, period.

I wanna go to Munich too! :(

I know somebody here is from Germany I forgot who though.

Me. I'm not from Munich, but I know the town.

1-chances that it will snow when I go

High. Last January was very warm in Germany, but the one before was absolutely freezing.

2-are the beer halls full even on the weekdays not just the weekends

Not unless you head for the Hofbräuhaus. The normal ones should be fine.

3-Is it worth seeing Neuschwanstein

No clue, I've never been there. I was told it has the largest concentration of Japanese people outside the Tokyo metro. Even so, if you want to go for a day trip outside the city, there are a lot more worthwhile destinations, such as Augsburg, Regensburg or Nuremberg.

4- 1 museum worth going to is?

If it's really only one, make sure you don't miss the Deutsches Museum. If you can squeze another one into your schedule, try to get to the Alte Pinakothek.

Wizard, next thing you know, you'll be killing kittens. <_<
No, I like kittens.

Roberto, if you want to know the chances of snow in Munich in January then you should look for a medium-range forecast. I have no idea if DWD makes them public though.

I am absolutely exhausted, and I'm going back out later. :yawn:

Brrr! It's cold today! Also doesn't help that I wore dress shoes with no sort of sock or stocking. I probably wouldn't be so chilly if I did. :D

A disgusting thing happened at school today. An anti-terror police assigned by the government came to our school to give a lecture. It was a lecture about protecting us from joining terrorist groups, considering we're gonna start universities a year later. He praised the government, said anyone who criticizes the government isn't anything different than a terrorist in his eyes, bashed Marxism-Leninism, called Gezi Park protests a sham, used the most disgusting agitation that I've witnessed so far, using all sorts of things that people of Turkey are sensitive about, like the War of Independence, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk which weren't even related with the conversation.

The government is so afraid of the youth that they bring their pawns to school to mess with their heads. It's very easy to see.

No clue, I've never been there. I was told it has the largest concentration of Japanese people outside the Tokyo metro. Even so, if you want to go for a day trip outside the city, there are a lot more worthwhile destinations, such as Augsburg, Regensburg or Nuremberg.

I am not from Germany .. but have been to Nuremberg. It is a very cool city to visit, the city center is very cool and there is a ton of history there. Beyreuth is cool too, but that is kind of far from Munich.

I love it when plans fall through... Husband and I were going to go out to dinner at our favorite restaurant this evening right after I got off work at 6... Well, apparently that's not early enough to beat the crowd because the wait was an hour for only 2 people! So we decided against going tonight and going tomorrow instead. If I was still scheduled till 5, this wouldn't have been an issue... Once again, I hate my job. <_<

I was over at a mate's and we started out watching a really deep artsy philosophical movie, drinking red wine. Then we moved to the worst shark movie videos on YouTube. The alarming thing is that this was far from the first time this sort of thing happened.

I know all about the Hofbräuhaus we have a replica here in my city. Me personally I think Spaten is the best Bavarian beer. Yeah I thought about taking a day trip to Nuremberg but at the same time I love Japanese women so seeing them at the Neuschwanstein castle isn't a bad thing. I know how to
Me. I'm not from Munich, but I know the town.

High. Last January was very warm in Germany, but the one before was absolutely freezing.

Not unless you head for the Hofbräuhaus. The normal ones should be fine.

If it's really only one, make sure you don't miss the Deutsches Museum. If you can squeze another one into your schedule, try to get to the Alte Pinakothek.
I am familiar with Hofbräuhaus we have a mini version here where I live. I prefer Spaten as my favourite Bavarian beer. I love Japanese women so I guess the Neuschwanstein castle is good enough for me. I learned how to order food in German any other basic phrases I need to learn before going in January ?

Back