Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I am familiar with Hofbräuhaus we have a mini version here where I live. I prefer Spaten as my favourite Bavarian beer. I love Japanese women so I guess the Neuschwanstein castle is good enough for me. I learned how to order food in German any other basic phrases I need to learn before going in January ?

Most people in a city like Munich speak English, so I wouldn't be too troubled about learning German phrases. Unless there is something particular you want to say.

Sure, if you want to shove it down everyone's throats that you're a tourist, be polite to the people.

I'm just saying, there are some people who don't want to appear like tourists abroad, and rather blend in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=mzFm61KXbXk&v=Ft2qL2YRQrw

Anybody good at audio editors? Like Audacity and the likes? perhaps @Yax ?

I was thinking t would be sweet to isolate the "bell chiming" from the original studio track and have it chime like 3 or 4 times alone before Hallowed actually started and see what effect that would have. I think it could be pretty cool :)

Ninjaedit: That child crying that they use at the end of Moon Child when they do it live, like on Maiden England 88, would also be cool to have at the end of the studio version. As would Churchill's Speech before Aces High :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm kind of getting entangled in this. What I really wanted to say is that Munich, while nice for a trip, is not necessarily my most favourite of places.

3-Is it worth seeing Neuschwanstein

I would say yes, subject to the opportunity cost of foregoing other possible trips. It is VERY touristy, but still worth a trip, if for no other reason than that you will enjoy the drive. The Bavarian countryside is gorgeous. Read the Niebelunglied before you go, it will enhance your experience, as Mad Prince Ludwig designed his castle with that in mind.

I am familiar with Hofbräuhaus we have a mini version here where I live. I prefer Spaten as my favourite Bavarian beer. I love Japanese women so I guess the Neuschwanstein castle is good enough for me. I learned how to order food in German any other basic phrases I need to learn before going in January ?

I like Paulaner better than Spaten. And, though it is always respectful to try to learn a bit of the language, you actually don't need to know a word of German - everyone in the city speaks English.

For that, one need only rip the video from Visions of the Beast, methinks.

Oh yeah right on! I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. I got a couple of other Maiden videos I'd like the soundtrack too as well. Such as the original Maiden England VHS and Live After Death where Bruce's speeches aren't cut!! ( :censored: new releases)

Don't be so negative, man. You need to liberate your mind of these fascist preconceptions.

Great start to the day.
Up at dawn, went for a long hike through the mist and falling leaves in the woods.
Watched the struggling salmon spawn and an eagle swooping down to feast.
I love fall.

Hey, I just finished writing a two-page (955 word) chapter, and I would like to have some input on it. Can somebody read it and tell me if what I wrote is an interesting analysis, or if I'm a pretentious dwerp?

Back