Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I set my alarm at 6:30 delay it until 7:00, have my final moments with my bed and get up at 7:30. I have to rush my way to school with that routine, though.

I could never do this. My alarm is set for 6:30 and that's exactly when I get up. But I'm often awake a few minutes before that.

I haven't actually used an alarm in months. I finally get out of bed between 6:30-7:30, pretty much regardless of the day or how late I stayed up the night before.

In other news, after 3+ days of working on it, the new server is installed. What a pain in the ass :)

Well done!

I'm up in Northern Norway for this afore mentioned teaching thing (the one with the grammatically disastrous course material :D). It turns out the students, despite being a small group, are spread over the whole spectrum as far as progress is concerned. The project they are working on - an oil and gas process design task - is quite big. Still, some of them are nearly finished, whereas others have hardly started. And here I am, trying to provide input that helps them all learn something ...:help:

The thing is, someone can tick all the boxes and not even be considered! The big finance grad schemes get about 20,000 applications and the companies' computers filter through them for degree subject, classification and university to get rid of a few thousand. They'll still be left with more than they can efficiently process so most of the potentially good candidates get discarded without their backgrounds or experience even being looked at. I've heard a lot of university applications get the same treatment too.

There was a girl in some of my classes at my first university who applied for one job to keep her mum off her back, saying in the application that she expected a 2:1. There's no way she was ever going to get a 2:1 but that's what the company wanted so it's worth a shot. She got an interview from that one application and then a follow-up interview a few weeks later and then the next day she was offered the job. (How jammy is that?) Her contract said that she had to get a 2:1 to actually get the job but even after getting a 2:2 she wasn't kicked off the grad scheme, most likely because the company couldn't be bothered interviewing people again. (Or the boss fancied her.)

There was a girl in some of my classes at my first university who applied for one job to keep her mum off her back, saying in the application that she expected a 2:1. There's no way she was ever going to get a 2:1 but that's what the company wanted so it's worth a shot. She got an interview from that one application and then a follow-up interview a few weeks later and then the next day she was offered the job. (How jammy is that?) Her contract said that she had to get a 2:1 to actually get the job but even after getting a 2:2 she wasn't kicked off the grad scheme, most likely because the company couldn't be bothered interviewing people again. (Or the boss fancied her.)

Sorry for asking silly questions, but what does 2:1 and 2:2 mean in this context? These are hardly googlable ...

If I have to wake up by myself at, for example, 08:00, I set the alarm to 07:00 and snooze it 12 times (every 5 minutes :P). But that's only when I'm home alone, otherwise grandpa wakes me up cause he's up at 05:00 every morning.

Something must have stood out about the girl from your course, unless it was a completely random selection.

Edit: Yeah, I have to have a back-up alarm, NP, because the first one rarely does the trick.

Back