Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What kind of questions am I likely to get asked in an "informal" volunteering interview? I've never actually had any sort of interview before.

It's such a buzzkill coming into work after such a high energy night last night. Not that I'm having a bad day or anything but coming back to reality and realizing you have absolutely no one at work or outside of the forum to talk to about the amazing night sucks.

What kind of questions am I likely to get asked in an "informal" volunteering interview? I've never actually had any sort of interview before.

Probably the questions will seek to find out what your motivation is. I understand from what you've written about this already that it is not a job which requires any formal competence (i.e. exams or courses), so the interviewers have nothing to go by except what you tell in the interview - and the impression they get of you.

One of my colleagues talked me into taking on a little by-job later this autumn; spending four days teaching an oil&gas process design course at Narvik University College in Northern Norway (this is where he did his Ph.D). Just sat down to have a look at the background material. Looks like it has all been written in English and then translated to Norwegian using Google Translate ... :mad: every compound word is split, along with all other mistakes that you commonly see when using online translators.

But hey, that's just another challenge.

Nothing like a garbled language. I once had to bring ten pages in order that were written in poor German and then translated into poorer English.

Well. fortunately I don't have to rewrite this stuff - it's provided for my information. Still, if it had only been a few pages, I would probably have done it anyway, to make my own reading experience better ...

So first episode of new HIMYM series tonight if I recall, should be interesting. Although with it being a weekend over an entire series it will be more frustrating to have the week long gaps.

I bought a record from Germany and got it yesterday. It came with a download code that says I can download the MP3s for free until 31.06.2014 WTF is June 31st? I googled it and see that date on other sites?

Back