Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, I saw your reports when I got up this morning, and all the videos were in spoiler tags.

Yeah, two of them didn't really give enough detail away for me, and the other one was spoilered when I got there.

Paradox_7.jpg

They show the full stage on my end in the preview before I start the video.
Let's think about this logically.

What's the name of the tour? Maiden England

What did the stage look like during the original Maiden England tour? The Seventh Son album cover.

Did the band say what the stage set-up would be before the tour? Yes.

Is seeing the full stage therefore a spoiler? No

I know we need to keep it in spoiler until the end of the tour but I don't think any regular posters here care about it anymore, we might piss off a few guests but that's about it I think.

For now, I can't think of a better way of handling the spoiler rules without making it seem arbitrary. If there are ideas for better spoiler rules, let us know and we will discuss them.

Really we shouldn't have to use spoiler tags in the tour thread. I have a hard time sympathizing with anyone who goes into a thread like that expecting anything other than tour spoilers. That way we don't have to split hairs on things like whether a video thumbnail or discussions on hair styles is okay.

I agree with that .,. but I recall someone being slammed for posting something about Steve's shirt on the TFF tour.
I remember that too, was ridiculous.

The title of the tread could even be marked **SPOILER** so people know what to expect if they're not sure.

I don't want to argue about how the mods do things here but I do agree that the spoiler tag thing does get abit out of hand sometimes.

An official tour thread could be made by one of the mods the day a tour is announced and then sticky'd with a spoiler warning.

I like using spoilers but typing out the tags puts me off a bit. Can't we have a button that automatically adds spoiler tags?
On second thought - why bother? Who knows when the next Maiden tour will be...

The title of the tread could even be marked **SPOILER** so people know what to expect if they're not sure.

I don't want to argue about how the mods do things here but I do agree that the spoiler tag thing does get abit out of hand sometimes.

This really. Whenever there's a tour going or a new album out, just make a tour/album thread with a SPOILER warning and everyone can go there and talk about it without using the tags and people who don't want it spoiled doesn't go there...Of course outside on the rest of the forum the spoiler tags would still apply then.

Really we shouldn't have to use spoiler tags in the tour thread. I have a hard time sympathizing with anyone who goes into a thread like that expecting anything other than tour spoilers. That way we don't have to split hairs on things like whether a video thumbnail or discussions on hair styles is okay.

I agree with this .. have a spoiler tour thread and a non spoiler one (discuss things like dates, openers, who is going, etc there) and in the spoilers thread be able to more freely discuss set lists, hair styles, the stage show, etc there

Back