Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Got another diploma in English language. CAE level, score 84/100, grade A. I fucked up the essays, otherwise I'd have 90+ score.
I probably won't have English classes ever again :nana:

I'd take CPE if I had spare money. I've been going to these classes for 5 years and I don't really have a desire to spend any more money, since I don't think I need more than CAE in Serbia.

I really dunno why the essays flopped - apart from the general score and the grade, this is the only thing they revealed:
CAE.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, that's unusual.
Such a wide gap can mean one of these:
a) you were way off the word limit
b) you totally fucked up the formal register
c) one of the two essays did not meet the task criteria but the other one was pretty good

No way, I counted and I was within the limit in both essays (there were just 2).
I'm pretty sure the first essay was OK, even though I don't remember the topic now :)
Second essay was super stupid - title was something like "Parents should organize their children's free time" and we were supposed to write whether we support that or not. I really didn't know how to write a 220-250 word essay on that, so I think I repeated myself too much and wrote a lot of bullshit.

I googled a bit. Technically I can teach younger classes in elementary school with this diploma, but realistically it's not going to happen because most schools don't even know what C1/CAE level is :grumble:

I hope that by the time Serbia enters EU, I'm living in a country at least 1000km away, preferably on another continent, married with children and with a steady job :P

I'm only interested in teaching English as a part-time thing here and there until I finish uni and get a real job. I'd use the money for concerts and vacations and stuff :D

Just love waking up to a power outage but luckily, our town is pretty quick with getting things under control because our power was back about 20 minutes later. :D

My weekend involved Iron Maiden sandwiched between a Spanish guy with atrocious English who got on the coach with us in Birmingham and a stripper from Leicester who started talking to us in McDonalds in Derby.

Iron Maiden sandwiched between a Spanish guy with atrocious English who got on the coach with us in Birmingham and a stripper from Leicester who started talking to us in McDonalds in Derby.

Sounds like a hell of a time for Iron Maiden.

Back