Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm hungry, don't have anything at home, don't feel like eating Asian, Turkish or burgers, and all other takeouts are two tube stations away.

Can you say "first world problem"?

Go forth and find food Per! If possible, something cheaper than festival food (Damn you Nush and your fish and chips making me hungry!).. although the Crocodile burgers were tempting.

BTW, I spotted a player in World of Tanks earlier called "Perun84" from clan [PERUN], I'm assuming it's not you ;p

World of Tanks is a game.. where you (oddly) fire tanks at other people :P Ask LC, he plays it - albeit on the US server rather than EU.

On another note: Woo Tankfest in 2 weeks.

That be the one. End of the month they do their big demonstration displays etc, I've not been before but it'll certainly be among the more interesting of museums I've been to - Royal Armouries is fun too.

You get an annual pass anytime you visit the museum :) There's another thing in october where you can drive one of the tanks but it's £320 :P

She'd be up for driving a tank, but that's not cheap!
The Armouries - the Leeds one - isn't as good as it used to be since they pensioned off the jousting team. I might be going to an event there in August if I can get enough medieval kit together.

She'd be up for driving a tank, but that's not cheap!
The Armouries - the Leeds one - isn't as good as it used to be since they pensioned off the jousting team. I might be going to an event there in August if I can get enough medieval kit together.

Keep me posted and I may potter along, especially if it's early august ^^. Didn't know they'd got rid of the jousting team, always found the sword fights to not be as.. clang/clash as I expected, it was more like the techical routines of Martial Arts.

Yes, based on a 15th Century swordfighting and polearm fighting manual. They still have jousting, but I think all the former employees are contracted to do it freelance (pun intended)

That was bad ... so very very bad ...

I have a sword but it's far from medieval, just one of those fancy decorative things. I'd love to have a broadsword of some sort on my wall tbh, Roman type gladius would be pretty cool too.

My daughters took me to see Man of Steel. Personally, I loved it! I'm looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with this franchise!

1005046_10152000825963957_1438747092_n.jpg

Back