Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I just love children with all my heart! Being 37 and having a younger brother and sister, ages 19 and 20 has really caused me to become this way. I've always liked kids and stuff, but never had any emotional attachment like I do now.

(singing happily)

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Good morning, world! I'm late for my course. Nothing like a little adrenaline rush to start the day.

But before I go, did I understand this correctly? They built a statue for Ronnie James Dio in Bulgaria?

154901_458428457526903_1262548311_n.jpg

Oh my god, I just wasted an hour on that hilarious iPhone Autocorrect website. I roared with laughter, I thought I'd die laughing.

Yep, that thing about the statue is correct.
It is located in the town of Kavarna, near the Black Sea coast. About ten years ago the town elected a new mayor, who not only turned out to be very good at his job, but also a major metal fan. He turned the town into the rock capital of Bulgaria, set up a rock fest there and started something like a Hall of Fame, with the statue of Dio actually being the first object there. Dio frequently took part in the fest, along with other huge bands. (List of gigs here: http://kavarna.pro-rock.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?_state=Events) Manowar came to play a few times, Joey DeMaio even bought a house there. John Lawton of Uriah Heep is a must for some reason. :D

And just while we're still on that topic, the mayor has just announced that Deep Purple will play on the rock fest next year.

(singing happily)

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
You guys will know before us over here so if none of you are on tomorrow, we know what happened. :P

Yep, that thing about the statue is correct.
It is located in the town of Kavarna, near the Black Sea coast. About ten years ago the town elected a new mayor, who not only turned out to be very good at his job, but also a major metal fan. He turned the town into the rock capital of Bulgaria, set up a rock fest there and started something like a Hall of Fame, with the statue of Dio actually being the first object there. Dio frequently took part in the fest, along with other huge bands. (List of gigs here: http://kavarna.pro-rock.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?_state=Events) Manowar came to play a few times, Joey DeMaio even bought a house there. John Lawton of Uriah Heep is a must for some reason. :D

The world needs more mayors like that guy.

I looked it up on Wikipedia. I like how the page about the mayor is illustrated with a mural of David Coverdale.

Wait, so is the 21st the last day? or is the 20th? I'm confused. I just kinda thought we'd have the 21st to enjoy, then wake up dead on Saturday. Which is what Per feels like sometimes when he drinks and parties until 6am.

Back