Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Playing Cross-Eyed Mary is so much fun!
The Maiden version though, I don't know hot to play the flute ;)
Wish I did though.

Speaking of not wanting to know concert setlists beforehand (and I'm among those who don't want to know) a friend of mine went to see U2 in Rome in 2005 and told me there were people who distributed a newspaper-like magazine about the tour U2 was playing and the setlists for THAT gig was included in it. How lame is that?

portermoresby said:
Speaking of not wanting to know concert setlists beforehand (and I'm among those who don't want to know) a friend of mine went to see U2 in Rome in 2005 and told me there were people who distributed a newspaper-like magazine about the tour U2 was playing and the setlists for THAT gig was included in it. How lame is that?
Seems predictable to me. I avoid any magazine pages on Maiden during the tour.

Okay, back in the hotel after something of a contrast-filled dinner in a Bratislava restaurant. First me and my female Iranian colleague were standing in the town square for some time, waiting for our German colleague, his wife and their 6 months old baby (and also an Indian colleague and his wife, but they didn't show up). Finally the Germans arrived, we walked a few hundred meters and found a restaurant that looked decent (or we were too hungry to bother walking any longer).

Well inside, we found it manned by only one young girl today - whose English was, to put it diplomatically, lacking. The four of us needed more than five minutes to place our orders. When we had ordered, we had to wait nearly ten minutes to get our drinks (beer for me and the German, orange juice for the Iranian and Fanta for the German's wife who is still breast-feeding their baby). So far, so good. But the nice (although not very English-speaking) waitress had of course forgot to ask how we'd like our steaks done (we had all ordered steak of different variants). We all got them pretty raw, which was fine with me and the Germans, but our poor Iranian colleague wasn't very used to eating meat this way. The Indians had still not arrived.

When I and the Germans had finished our steaks, the Iranian girl finally got her new steak, well done this time (although also quite dry ...) and I had finished my second beer. Now the Indian colleague called and asked where we were. We managed to explain the way for him, and by the time he and his wife arrived we had all finished eating. The Germans now paid and left, because their baby had started to become noisy and obviously wanted to get home. The Indians sat down, ordered their food and when they got it, they were soon telling us (the Iranian girl and me) how hot the food was. I couldn't believe it at first, that two Indians were complaining about too hot food. But I got one slice of mushroom from them to taste, and WHOA! The next half of my third beer was used as a fire extinguisher. By the time I had finished my beer, the Indian couple had also finished. When the Indians, the Iranian and myself wanted to pay, I found that the waitress spoke German really well. Too bad neither the Germans, the Iranian or myself knew that ... Warum habe ich nicht früher gefragt?

By the way, there were tiny flies everywhere in the restaurant. I really hope that doesn't say anything about the hygienic standard of the place. I might just drink the Scotch in the minibar to be on the safe side.
Albie said:
I can categorically say I am not a die hard gamer. :D

Same goes for me. I overdosed on Championship Manager in the early 2000s and haven't really been into computer games ever since.

Indians complaining their food is hot and Iranians complaining their food is dry is indeed an indicator of a poor restaurant. ;) At least it was an eventful evening.

national acrobat said:
Seems predictable to me. I avoid any magazine pages on Maiden during the tour.

It wasn't a rock magazine, it was a magazine which was printed by U2's management. I know I wouldn't print the setlist, anyway.

Perun said:
Indians complaining their food is hot and Iranians complaining their food is dry is indeed an indicator of a poor restaurant. ;) At least it was an eventful evening.

Now it must be said, my Iranian colleague first got a steak that was almost dripping with blood first, went and asked for one that was not raw, and the kitchen seemed to overcompensate. That steak she got afterwards looked really dry.

But yeah, that combination really says we're eating somewhere else tomorrow.

That is always a drag. I love to try something new, and it hate it when it sucks.

Meh, that's life, right!?

Well, yesterday I and that same lot (minus the Indian guy's wife) went to a pizzeria. There, the food was really good. Maybe we'll go there again.

The German couple's baby was even reaching out for some pizza (or maybe it was the beer).

That's what I did with two of the professors on Monday. After several glasses of wine and then some slivovic. Fortunately I stopped in time, so I just had a headache yesterday morning, no nausea - and the headache was gone not long after breakfast.

Right now I'm drinking the Scotch from the hotel minibar as I said I would - and trying to produce some results to discuss with my professor tomorrow. Research is better with Scotch!

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I was the one who put up HUGE spoiler warnings when I started a setlist thread last year. :)
I think you'll quite enjoy it if you're not a die hard gamer.
I Cant't wait for the next tour thread to go up. Since i'm not seeing them this time around I can look at spoilers instead of going into a thread where every post looks like this:

Back