Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, I was at work with nothing but work related items to keep me occupied!  Whats a working man supposed to do, just work?  :smartarse:

True, posting at Maidenfans comes in first if there's no secretary to shag...

Oh dear, I spent all day doing academic research, and now I get a kick from imagining how a conversation I had the other day would have went if I had for no reason chosen to offend the other person.

See you tomorrow, brain.

OH, she pays top dollar for me!!

The thing is, I always mix up 'pesos' and 'pounds'... I dunno if I got a deal or not...

I think that right now, he is making a list and checking it twice...

So, day two of Virus Week!  Cleaned one PC and got it running, the second one was getting a new tower, so I just tossed the infected one, the third is getting reformatted right now.... job security.

And...this is why everyone is supposed to store stuff on the network drive, instead of locally-- now there are items that will be lost...

Wasted CLV said:
And...this is why everyone is supposed to store stuff on the network drive, instead of locally-- now there are items that will be lost...
What we do is lock-down the users PC. No user can see their local drive and as such nothing can be stored there.

OH, thats a really good idea!  We are really wanting to implement a 'virtual machine' set up , so there are no local machines, just terminals that load up a profile-- but I think we are a year or more off for that.

It makes sense.  In a work environment, no one needs to store anything locally.  I had a few people freak when I hauled away their old pc's cause they didn't want us to see what was on the HDD... little do they know that if I wanted to, I could see it even at their desk.  

Back