Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It may seem somewhat predictable Silky, but it doesn't matter to me, especially when the new Ghoul album will be released on that day. :yey:

Silky said:
Completely off-topic, but what the hell is with all these bands releasing albums on the 6th of June?  Could you actually think of a worse PR stunt?  All it says is 'Hey, look at us, we'd like people to think we're anti-religious and worship Satan, but actually it's just a publicity thing to attract the 'badass' mallcore kids!'  Sure, the remake of the Omen is out then as well, but it has an excuse...it's going to be crap, and releasing it on 6.6.06 is about the only good think to connect it and the original... :p
That is a bit sad really. Sadder still the kids that swallow this tripe.

Albie said:
That is a bit sad really. Sadder still the kids that swallow this tripe.

As I have said before (and will no doubt say again), once a band starts focussing more on image than the music itself (*cough*metalcore + 2/3 of thrash/black metal bands*cough*), they cease to be a band and more a group of clowns who just happen to play music.  Speaking of clowns, has anyone seen Mastodon's video for Blood and Thunder.  Scary stuff.....

*shudders*

Mastodon does seem quite good, even considering that the likes of Kerrang are trumpeting them. ;) That video you spoke of is pretty freaky, there's nothing quite like crazy clowns eh?

Silky said:
(*cough*metalcore + 2/3 of thrash/black metal bands*cough*)
What thrash bands apart from Slayer, Anthrax and the very remote posibility of Metallica do you mean, young Master Silkington? :huh:

Hunlord said:
What thrash bands apart from Slayer, Anthrax and the very remote posibility of Metallica do you mean, young Master Silkington? :huh:
First one I can think of is Testament, but I'm only guessing.

I'm quite a big fan of Testament and I don't think that they put image before music, they put money before music but not image that I know of :rolleyes:

SPRl337.gif

*sighs* Text speak has destroyed an entire generation. Okay, maybe I'm taking things slighty out of proportion.

Black Dragon said:
SPRl337.gif

*sighs* Text speak has destroyed an entire generation. Okay, maybe I'm taking things slighty out of proportion.
kk liek fr0m n0w on liek us h4><0rs 4rnt 4ll0w3d +0 u5e gh3y 1ntern3+ sp34k ;)

Conor said:
kk liek fr0m n0w on liek us h4><0rs 4rnt 4ll0w3d +0 u5e gh3y 1ntern3+ sp34k ;)
LOLROFLAMO!!!!!!!!11111111 uR tEh fUnnEE K0n0R!!!11111 Y c4nt u5 h4x0rz uZ tEh 1nTern3T sp23k??????////// kuZ w3r3 t00 733t LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Whoops. I've created a monster. By signing the contract of l33t speak you all agree not to sue me for any of the damages Mav may inflict upon you, okay? *runs away very fast*

Black Dragon said:
Whoops. I've created a monster. By signing the contract of l33t speak you all agree not to sue me for any of the damages Mav may inflict upon you, okay? *runs away very fast*
My g00d 5ir I h4v3 n07 5ign3d 4ny 5uch c0n7r4c7 taHt u 5p34k 0f, 4nd h34rby r3qu357 taHt j00 d0 n07 rUn 4w4y, bu7 phAc3 j00r r35p0n5ibi1i7i3z 1i3k 4 m4n.
J00rz 5inc33r1y
Hun10rD

I know that this isn't as good as the others, but this is a 100% real email my sister sent to her friend.

hay babiie! itz mee i juss wanted tooh let yoo knoe that if yer not doin anything on Sundaii nyte then tha youth group iz goin tooh First Baptist in Taylorsville! were preformin nd stuff!!  if yoo need a ride then daddie said that he will gladly pick yoo up!! So if yer not goin tooh yer church then holla bak at mee az soon az yoo get this!! call mi house then the cellular device cuz i dont knoe where ill b...ILUSM and i miss yoo lyke craziie!

(*)4eVeR yOuRz(*)
(*)<-->HiPPo<-->(*)

:uhm:

Hunlord said:

I lumped thrash and black together as the main genres that go around saying, 'We're anti-religion!  By the way, Hail Satan!'.  Maybe 2/3 is an exagerration, but the bands that do seem to focus on image seem to completely eclipse those that actually care about the music.... :(

And I refuse to sink down to your despicable levels of 'leet' speak. :nonono:

SilentLucidity said:
Wait, have a praise for posting that brilliant Private Ryan rendition... :mellow:

:(

This reminds me of the story I heard of this professor of American History who watched in dismay his students burst out with laughter while watching a film showing the charging troops being mowed down by artillery fire at Gettysburg...   :(

Well, it's only humour, I suppose...

Well, this does somewhat tie in with what 'Arry had in mind when writing Afraid To Shoot Strangers. He said that the news was taking people away from the reality of the Gulf War and making it seem more like a computer game.

Maverick said:
This reminds me of the story I heard of this professor of American History who watched in dismay his students burst out with laughter while watching a film showing the charging troops being mowed down by artillery fire at Gettysburg...  :(

Well, it's only humour, I suppose...

My friend laughed at the point in The Last Samurai where all the Japanese infantry got mowed down by machine-gun fire making a heroic last stand...
....there's no accounting for taste, is there? :(

Back