Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I understand why LeBron is being ripped for joining Miami, but I am on Team LeBron here.  Arguably the best player in the world, in his prime, agrees to take far less money than he could have had, and leaves his hometown which he plainly loves, and sublimates his ego to be Wade's "sidekick", simply to go to a team that he thinks has the best chance of winning and to play with guys he respects and likes.  It's refreshing, frankly.  No one can question that his sole motive here is winning.  Was the televised special on ESPN narcissistic?  Sure, though it was also for charity.  Would it have been graceful to give the Cavaliers' management a courtesy call beforehand letting them know that he wasn't going to sign with them?  I suppose so, but he wasn't a Cavs employee any more, he was a free agent, and they are big boys who had to suspect this would happen.  Plus, the reaction of Cleveland's fans and owner leads me to think he made the right decision to leave Cleveland -- they actually think they had some entitlement to his services, like he owed them something.  (The owner is also a hypocrite: he decries LeBron's disloyalty, just weeks after he fired the coach and GM.)  LeBron needs to live for LeBron, and he is.  Good for him.   

LooseCannon said:
I started playing the Rockstar game "Bully" the last couple days. Pretty damn good game.
Yeah I liked it. Played it a few years ago so can't remember it that much. I probably liked it more than GTAIV but that's because I was expectign GTAIV to be a lot better than it was whilst I wasn't expecting much of Bully.

Edit: I'm playing Bioshock at the minute. First run through and it is a lot creepier than I thought it would be. Good game though.

About LeBron: the only thing that bothered me was the narcissism surrounding his decision. It was his decision to make. On the other hand, I think the GM team of the Heat deserve a serious round of applause for bringing in three of the biggest names in their sport, convincing them to play together for a pay cut. Doesn't happen often.

I say good for James!  I always feel for great players that don't have a team around them. At some point, whether or not they like their team, its time to try for a Championship. I hope he wins 3 rings there!

...So I just heard 'Bad Company' re-made by Five Finger Death Punch...I don't even know what to think. Not bad as remakes go, but what a weird song to remake...

Starting to work at the israeli equivalent of starbucks, basically.
It's gonna be hella fun.

BTW: How can there be no :mellow: smiley?

Oh, be careful about that!  I have a buddy that was pumped, but he didn't read the directions and his penis was pumped way too much.  take it easy and slow!

What to do now? The World Cup is over. Well, at least Norwegian div 1 is running. For some reason I don't think so many of you will take interest.

Eddies Wingman said:
What to do now? The World Cup is over. Well, at least Norwegian div 1 is running. For some reason I don't think so many of you will take interest.
I may take the odd look and see how it's developing. Can't promise too much, though.

FMA is so awesome. And beautiful.
I'm going to finish it this month for the second time and decide if this or brotherhood is better.

Sidenote: Anyone watches anime here?

I have some on dvd, but don't watch it often.

In other news, I'm re-watching season 3 of Californication.  Fucking hilarious.  I'm sorry to say that I've never had that many naked girls in my house at one time...

Back