Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I have blu-ray on my PS3 and when you've got a proper HD TV and a bluray disc it looks brilliant. I hear the LotR films are being released on blu-ray later this year  :nana:

Well, it depends on what you mean by that.  You, possibly, have a monitor that has a 1200X800 (wxga) or higher.  the 1080 stands for 'vertical lines of resolution (not horizontal) and the Progressive (P) is something that most systems don't monitors don't incorporate-- typically Interlace (I) where it only scans every other line.  I'll grant that most high end, WUXGA monitors will match or beat the standard of 1080P, but much less than that and it isn't the same view.  Then you have to consider the source material.  It doesn't matter how good the monitor is (or tv), because with out a HD (1080P/I) signal, the screen won't look any better.  Like having massive speakers but using a crusty old 8-track to play tunes on. 

Shit, it seems like over half the regular members' birthdays are between June 9th and August 8th.  So to everyone who has a birthday this summer, since I won't be around then...  happy birthday in advance! :)

However, my monitors are quite slick in that aspect, given they are extra-expensive. I know it's not the same as hdtv, but it's almost as good as far as I'm concerned. And blu-ray doesn't look any better on them than a regular dvd, probably because pixellation at 24" is harder to spot than it would be on a 60".

Right, at a certain point it isn't discernible to the eye.  Especially if you are running 120 hertz.  There are some flicks that you can tell a dif with HD (I have a HDDVD, not Blu-ray)... I can see a diff in broadcast over the air HD, but not with a lot of movies. 

In other news, I have the new compy hooked up to my big screen tv, and its pretty awesome!!!  I'm running (ack) Vista Ultimate right now (but runs pretty good)... i'll pick up Windows 7 next week and compare. 

I bought a big IKEA shelving unit... Usual business, you may say...
What is not usual is that I'm living as a guest in a colleague's apartment for only one month

-or maybe until the final  :)

7 and Vista are the same but 7 will run smoother out of the box than Vista. That's the only difference.

Awesome!  I'll check that out....  its really cool to start up 'task manager' and see 8 'core' screens!  I was streaming youtube, and netflix, while starting up a third page, and the cpu didn't go over 10%.

--Whoa...first beer(s) in a while. Should be in the drunk posting, but I wanted to proLong the 100k thread.  Aaaaahhhhhhh....all is good in a Wasted world.

I'm considering starting to practive strict alternate picking, isntead of my natural economy picking.
Econ feels more natural but It gets real messy in high speed. Like sweeps.
Those goddamn sweeps.

Dude, I found a forum that seemed interesting at first look, but then I read a (religious) post
and I'm wondering if it deserves ever posting there again...
:S

Mega said:
I'm considering starting to practive strict alternate picking, isntead of my natural economy picking.
Econ feels more natural but It gets real messy in high speed. Like sweeps.
Those goddamn sweeps.

Weird. Alternating is perfectly natural for me. Any other type of picking always feels odd.

But on the other hand, my right hand technique on bass is the fingerstyle equivalent of economy picking.

I mean, the most natural thing is to go where it takes the least amount of effort isn't it?
And I don't understand what you said about bass. Isn't it always down picking(plucking) with it?

Back