Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Eddies Wingman said:
You don't pick your sports team. The team picks you.

Nonsense. I picked my team. When I was about six and generally unaware of such things as sports teams, somebody came up to me and asked me if I supported Djurgården or AIK (the most popular teams in the area where I lived). I said Djurgården because it sounded nicer.

And speaking of hockey, Djurgården's hockey club is playing in the Swedish championship finals this year, and won game one last night. It's pretty surprising considering how terrible they've been the last few years.

Shadow said:
Nonsense. I picked my team. When I was about six and generally unaware of such things as sports teams, somebody came up to me and asked me if I supported Djurgården or AIK (the most popular teams in the area where I lived). I said Djurgården because it sounded nicer.

That's in my opinion a clear case of the team picking you, through circumstances leading you to make a choice based on emotion rather than reason  :D

LooseCannon said:
So don't root for Chicago. Pick another team!

I should.  But there is an unwritten rule around here that if you root for Chi or ST. L and your team doesn't make it in, you root for the other team.  So, what the hell-- they have tried hard, played well and deserve it!

By the way, has Al Gore prompted the world society to put a heavy CO2 tax on Iceland these days? That volcano is spouting out plenty of CO2. Maybe the ash that comes with it compensates the immediate climate effect, but in the long run the ash will fall down ...

Wasted CLV said:
I should.  But there is an unwritten rule around here that if you root for Chi or ST. L and your team doesn't make it in, you root for the other team.  So, what the hell-- they have tried hard, played well and deserve it!

That's like me, once the Canadian teams are out it's any Canadian team that's not Toronto. Then I start picking US teams.

Eddies Wingman said:
By the way, has Al Gore prompted the world society to put a heavy CO2 tax on Iceland these days? That volcano is spouting out plenty of CO2. Maybe the ash that comes with it compensates the immediate climate effect, but in the long run the ash will fall down ...

Apparently, the CO2 released by volcanoes is actually relatively small, and the ash can actually slow down/stop/reverse climate change for some time (depending on the size of the eruption) because the ash reflects the sun's rays back into space.

But, I would guess Iceland was aiming for Britain, and the shot went a bit wide... :smartarse:

Let's comment on last night's drunk post, now that I've sobered up. Here it is.

The department parties at the Chemical Engineering department are infamous at our university. We usually have professors dancing shirtless, postdocs under the table, or - like yesterday - students arranging races in the corridor.

I've been at these parties since my 3rd year at uni - that's when we get attached to one specific department - and yesterday was the first time I was on the team that won the quiz (we always have a quiz while eating the dessert). That meant on top of the beer and caipirinha before the dinner, and the wine during dinner, we had a bottle of champagne to share between us. So, there was plenty to drink.

I was surprised to wake up as early as 9 AM today and not feeling sick at all, just thirsty as hell. Started this day with a great breakfast. Three slices of dark bread were topped with tomatoes, salami and cheese and put in the oven for 15 minutes, and were accompanied by scrambled eggs and a helluvalot of coffee  :D

Wow, sounds great. It takes my co-students and me months to arrange a party for four people during the semester. Although our end of semester parties are the stuff of legend... we even got kicked out of the cafeteria once for starting a food fight.

Do you mean like a tablet?  Once you get used to them they're great for artwork. I don't like them for daily use.

Wasted, I'm watching Versus, waiting for Caps v. Habs, and I am bored...because it is racing. How the fuck can you watch that?

Ha!  sorry for that.... depends on what type of racing it is.  I'm losing interest in most automobile motorsports.  I've been out planting grass seed all day.  fun.

My "b" key is broken so I have to keep pressing it in to click it back in place. Like this bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Back