Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

LooseCannon said:
Yeah tell me about it.  I'm trying to pick at my NaNo but this stupid work shit keeps getting in the way.  I posted the first chapter if you're interested.

posted where?  the blog?

Albie said:
OK, how accurate is this is up for question - to say that the UK does not use imperial, for example, is wrong. Distances on roads and vehicle speed is still measured in miles. Milk is still sold by the pint (though it does give the equivalent of the volume in litres, the base unit is still a pint). Beer is sold by the pint and beer glasses must have a Government stamp that it is exactly a pint. TV screens, wheel sizes, clothes sizes, etc. are still in inches.

In Norway, we also use inches on TV-sizes...

But thats about it.

LooseCannon said:
Yes, I would wonder about that too.  In Canada, while many people still say "feet", "inches", "pounds", ALL measurements are in kgs, litres, and ms.

I would agree with Albie on this one.
Forostar said:
If there'd be one word that doesn't exist in my dictionary, it would be this one:

boredom

I am never bored. I never was, I never will be. Never ever.

Actually, I always worry (complain) about having not enough time to do all the things I want to do in life.

Me too.  Though boredom is not an issue to me -- worry, which may be the opposite bad side of the same coin, certainly is an issue for me.

When home, i don't have so much boredom, but time.  I do get more time to read and relax than i used to, since my kids are older.  However, there is always something to do, household wise.  Now, as to work, when there aren't phones ringing, or people coming in, there is a lack of productive time use.  After all the parts are checked in and put away, all accessories dusted, floors swept, there is just nothing left to do. 

Wasted CLV said:
When home, i don't have so much boredom, but time.  I do get more time to read and relax than i used to, since my kids are older.  However, there is always something to do, household wise.  Now, as to work, when there aren't phones ringing, or people coming in, there is a lack of productive time use.  After all the parts are checked in and put away, all accessories dusted, floors swept, there is just nothing left to do. 

That's when you turn here, no?  :)

I haven't done any of that house stuff this weekend -- I spent it virtualy all in bed.  Today I had off and did yard work.  11 bags of leaves (Cosco paper bags). 

See, at work, my job is just listening to people talk talk talk.  It's just...boring.  People will give you a 10 minute story about their life, and then you just say, "Ah, so you can't send email."  That's where I get bored.

LooseCannon said:
See, at work, my job is just listening to people talk talk talk.  It's just...boring.  People will give you a 10 minute story about their life, and then you just say, "Ah, so you can't send email."  That's where I get bored.

Ha!  Same thing:  "So, I had to have back surgery, then found out that my prostate is grown to the size of a watermelon.  Then my wife left me for a younger guy, just cause I'd slap her around for not cutting the crust on my grilled cheese.  You understand, right?  Grilled cheese has to be just right.  So, then, my bank foreclosed on my house, just cause I hadn't made a payment for the last nine months, can you believe the stones of those banks?  Anyway, I'm living with this lady that used to be a professional stripper, but her last boob job didn't take, so they look like summer squash now."

Me:  "Ok, so you need a choke cable for a '89 250?"

Successful operation on the boy's arm.  They removed a wedge of bone around an inch in size.  crazy.  he's doped up and crashed in the bed with the cast on.

Well, he was a clumbsy kid, fell out of a tree twice and off a picknic table once, for 3 breaks over 6 years.  from about 6 to 12 (if memory serves).  So, the last time, the arm healed a little strange; where you or I would have our arm straight, his bent 15 or so degrees past straight, and he couldn't touch his shoulder.  Since he was starting to have some pain and numbness when playing guitar (its his left arm) they finally decided to correct it for him.  And here we are.  He'll stay the night in the hospital tonite, then be home tomorrow.  In a cast for a while, but I don't recall how long.

Glad your son can be home tomorrow.

Compared to that, here we just had a minor accident. When cutting my son's fingernails it went wrong.
It happens more often but now he has been bleeding over 40 minutes. Now it's coming out way slower though. Finally.

Forostar said:
Glad your son can be home tomorrow.

Compared to that, here we just had a minor accident. When cutting my son's fingernails it went wrong.
It happens more often but now he has been bleeding over 40 minutes. Now it's coming out way slower though. Finally.

Oh, that is no fun at all!!  My first pediatrician recommended 'biting' the nails, because it was easier than using clippers. 

Sorry, i meant you biting the nails.  I used to be the one to do that, bite the nails.. you get a better feel that way, and it is less damaging to the skin...

Back