Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Stargate is awesome.

O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
Carter: You mean, they're not going to let us save the Asgard?
O'Neill: No, they're good with that.  Once the President heard the fate of the entire galaxy was at stake, he really didn't have a choice.  I mean, they didn't go for my name for the ship.
Carter: We can't call it the Enterprise, sir.
O'Neill: Why not!

Ha ha!!  They ended up calling that one the Oddessy, right?  I miss Stargate, both SG-1 and SGA.  Both O'Neill and Sheppard were awesome.  Tho, Jackson may be my fav.

That's the X-303 - the PrometheusOdyssey was introduced later, after Prometheus was destroyed.  There were other ships, too....Daedalus and Apollo were primarily in Atlantis; Sun Tzu was only ever mentioned, and Korolev was destroyed.  The George Hammond should be in the next direct-to-dvd movie as Carter's ship.

Rodney is my favourite character, anyway.

Yep, I remember now-- the Prometheus was the one that Vala stole, the Sun Tzu was the one mentioned in the last epi of SGA, ans the Wraith were going to earth.  I'm looking forward to the next DVD movies-- tho it may be a while, from what I hear. 

Oh, yeah, Rodney is great!  My daughters like him the best.  I think one of my fav epi's is the 2-parter with Rodney and Daniel in Atlantis, season 5, mid-season.  Tho, the second part of Mobius, where the time line was changed, and Rodney loved lemon chicken-- what a crack up!  "It's a ship that goes through gates.  'gate ship' "

There has to the equivalent of a "Godwin rule" that states something along the lines of: eventually, a spam thread will inevitably resort to Life of Brian quotes. :D

Albie said:
There has to the equivalent of a "Godwin rule" that states something along the lines of: eventually, a spam thread will inevitably resort to Life of Brian quotes. :D

Right, you're in  :D

Wasted CLV said:
Yep, I remember now-- the Prometheus was the one that Vala stole, the Sun Tzu was the one mentioned in the last epi of SGA, ans the Wraith were going to earth.  I'm looking forward to the next DVD movies-- tho it may be a while, from what I hear. 

Oh, yeah, Rodney is great!  My daughters like him the best.  I think one of my fav epi's is the 2-parter with Rodney and Daniel in Atlantis, season 5, mid-season.  Tho, the second part of Mobius, where the time line was changed, and Rodney loved lemon chicken-- what a crack up!  "It's a ship that goes through gates.  'gate ship' "

Yep, I could pretty much talk about Stargate forever.  It's easily my favourite sci-fi show of the post TNG era.

I guess the SGA movie should be out sometime soon.

You and me both, talking SG!  I had read that prodution/filming wouldn't take place til sept, due to the new SGU being in the works.  I read joe mallozzi's blog on occasion, and that was how I took it.  My kids are huge fans as well; we borrowed my bros dvd collection (all seasons) and during the winter had SG-1 eve's where we watched a disc or two.

Can't somebody give me a million bucks so I can escape from this world for half a year?

Wasted CLV said:
You and me both, talking SG!  I had read that prodution/filming wouldn't take place til sept, due to the new SGU being in the works.  I read joe mallozzi's blog on occasion, and that was how I took it.  My kids are huge fans as well; we borrowed my bros dvd collection (all seasons) and during the winter had SG-1 eve's where we watched a disc or two.

I suppose that could be true.  I hope they get it going soon!  I really like SGA.  Carter is supposed to be in it too, I consider her to be just as much a part of Atlantis as she was SG-1.

Fuckit, I'ma fire up an episode.
Now, I don't normally like country, but I do rather like this song by Albertan Corb Lund...Horse Soldier!  Horse Soldier!

Not too bad.

She did a great job there, showed the growth from her years as a SG-1 'egg head' (Jack's phrasing) to a solid leader, both in combat and negotiation.  Tho, I have to admit, Woosley did a great job the year he was there.  All in all, tho, I do miss Tori, erm, Weir.  ...and if I went on and on, I'd be really bothered about the fact that Ford just disappeared... fleeting mention in the dream Sheppard had at the beginning of season 5 (?).

Back