Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It's on here somewhere-- dunno if it was the whole thing, but that you couldn't get on here from work, but that all was well in Deano-land (paraphrasing that)  It'll be quite a few pages back.

Cool. I'm getting too trashed to look for it now. It may be a drunk posting night. My avatar now is my 5 year old son by the way. He's nuts. Been watching the races?

Here is a link to his post:  http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://foru ... 66#p222266

Imagine that, your kid a nut  :innocent:

Meh, I've been watching bits and pieces of the races, but they haven't been that exciting.  Jr is sucking bad, and NASCAR has gotten too big for its britches, especially if the really hang Carl Long with that 200k fine.  You watch much?  I don't even know where Hamlin is in the standings.... :blush:

Imagine that, your kid a nut 

haha. Yeah, the nut doesn't fall very far from the gorilla.

Jr. does suck, he should have never made the switch to Hendrix. I see that as of Dover (this weekend) they may replace Tony Eury Jr. at crew chief, amazing. Denny is 5th in the points, he's consistent but can't lock on a win. We'll see.

Yeah, he (jr) isn't doing well at all over at RHR (or whatever they call it).  Tho, DEI is dead and replaced by EGR.... its all a cluster-fuck.-- but yeah, I think it'll be good to ditch Eury Jr.

Is the 5yr old your youngest?

My 15 year old got elected Sophomore class president for next year-- tonite he  is off to state for track, he'll be gone for the next few days.

Congratulations

What  does he do in track?

He's my youngest son but I have a 3 year old daughter too. She's actually the craziest I think.

This little guy will be in football next fall. Yes, FOOTBALL for all of you Europeans reading, real football.  ;)

He is going for the 4x400-- he runs the 800 and 400 also, but the 4x4 is what he gets to go to state for.  he cracks me up.

Wow, a 3 yr old!!  you do have your hands full!!!  .... real foot ball!!!  I love the summer, but I'm looking forward to the Chiefs having a real QB....

MisterAJ said:
yes...

page 319...

yeah, not so much

http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=193.9540

BTW, Deano, did you read page 666?

Sweet, I ran the the 4 X 400. I was third leg. Much faster back in those days, we're a little old now Wasted.

Um, the Chiefs. Fuck it , I'll go with them. That page is madness and I did read 666. I also went to the concert <<slam>>

Now we're getting somewhere..... halftime 56 all at the moment. Good game.

Ha ha ha!! 

He usually runs the 2nd leg i think.  Chiefs will still suck, but what the hell.  Yeah, that page was about as mad as it gets, and 666 was fun.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm gonna dart over to msn to catch the scoop!  (on that and the hockey game).

oh, and, yeah, thanks for reminding me that I didn't go to that concert ;)
Oh, and yes, we are getting old!  but what the hell....I can run a 11min mile when i hafta.....

Damn good show my friend, damn good show. They'll be back. Bruce said so.  :lol:

SMX, I just got my bass guitar, any suggestions?

I can hardly wait for the next show!  By then, maybe I'll be able to head out east and see it with you.

Sounds like a plan to me.  Hell, maybe we should meet in Canada and go with LC!

I have now music playing, just watching Scrubs. 

You're a scrub  :lol:

I will go anywhere. If you guys want it, it shall happen. Fuck, I went to Miami didn't I? (tits)

What are you doing now? I'm stalking.haha

Deano said:
SMX, I just got my bass guitar, any suggestions?

Oooh, I got here just in time, only 3 minutes after you asked. :yey:

Actually, it's virtually impossible for me to give you any good answers. I'd need to know your current level of musical skill and knowledge, and what you want to play. You can't plan a route without knowing where you are, and where you want to go.

But for someone who has never played, the most important thing is simply: play.

You need to build up the calluses on your fingertips so you can play real music later on. If you play every day until it hurts a bit, you should have some good calluses in about 2 weeks. If you play until you get blisters, stop and let them heal. You'll get stronger calluses that way, but it's a painful way to do it.

What to play?
1. Hold down a single note on any string and pluck evenly spaced notes with your right hand, alternating between index and middle fingers. Concentrate on pressing the string down hard enough to sound the note cleanly. This is where you build those calluses, on both hands.
2. Look on the web for some simple warmup exercises. What experienced players do for warmup will be challenging to a beginner. (For instance, my warmup routine includes several minutes from "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner", but that's probably beyond you at this time.)
3. AC/DC is perfect for beginners. Lots of long segments with playing repeated notes like in #1 above, and it's not too hard when you do have to move the left hand.

Essential beginner skills/knowledge you need to learn very soon:
1. Get a tuner. Learn to tune your bass.
2. Where are the notes on the bass? Learn that first. Without it, you can do nothing.
3. Practice your right-hand rhythm. This is usually the weakest skill for beginners. Even without a bass, you can mime plucking on a table - or if standing, on your right thigh.
4. Start listening more closely to the bass when you listen to music. Think like a bassist.
5. Learn the major and minor scales. Short scale segments are a common way of moving around the bass.
6. You have to pay to learn. Lessons are good. Otherwise, start buying guitar and bass magazines, and use the columns there as your lessons.

Hope that helps. :bigsmile:

I'm sitting on my ass, reading, watching tv, and surfing the net.... ultra boring.  --you stalker.

I think you need to post some pics of the pretty girls in Miami.

ceiling.jpg

Ceiling Cat has grown tired of watching you masturbate, and has gone off to watch the NBA playoffs (go Nuggets!)

Yes, go Nuggets, I'm there.

Let's see:

I have a tuner, and I have also learned how to tune the same notes off of the different strings. Good?

I have basically learned the notes and know where they are the same and where to not waste effort. Good?

For right hand rhythm, I find myself plucking at my jeans, alternating fingers.... I hope this is something like you mean.

For the last two days I have been listening to IM and Rush base lines, I can't think of too many better bass players.

I'm working on the scales, I don't want to do too much too fast.

Now that I have my guitar, I will do what it takes to learn it, I'm very excited about this and I am a pure rookie. Thanks SMX, I will probably be asking for your mentorship for a while but promise to be a diligent student,

PS: I just listened to Dancing in the Ruins by BOC, I liked it in the 80's ... not so much now.

Back