Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Friday.

At work with a broken compy.

weird, i started the day yesterday with 4gb open on the hard drive, and now it has 142mb left... and I haven't put anything on it.

New on should be here  tomorrow or monday!

Yeah, kinda a drag.  I can jump on the other guys once in a while to get my 'net fix, but otherwise I stare at mine.  Weird how it will run some programs and not others... oh, well.

I can go home and run my Mac and/or my Ubuntu installed Gateway with no problems (so far).

Tho, these pc's are over 7 years old...

That's half your problem...when someone calls me with a computer that is more than 4 years old, I put them on mute and laugh at them awhile.

LooseCannon said:
This thread is stoppable, no5, if I deem it to be.  The power....the ABSOLUTE POWER!!!!

:p

Wasted CLV said:
Friday.

At work with a broken compy.
[...]
New on should be here  tomorrow or monday!

Friday.

At Dubai; A lazy day to be.
I should be in Pakistan tomorrow or monday!

LooseCannon said:
That's half your problem...when someone calls me with a computer that is more than 4 years old, I put them on mute and laugh at them awhile.

Oh, I"d agree.... these, here, have been on their last legs for a while.  You know my skills (compared to yours or anyone else IT-wise here) and I'm the one that's been trying to keep 'em going..... not a strong suit of mine, IT.

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Friday.

At Dubai; A lazy day to be.
I should be in Pakistan tomorrow or monday!

Wow, sounds cool.  I"ll be back here, working tomorrow....

I'm working all day tomorrow in Abu Dhabi ...If I don't get my visa for Paki, I'll be here tomorrow night
it must be +8 hours difference, so I'll catch you up if I'm here

;)

LooseCannon said:
I've been hearing good things about 9.04.
Apparently, it's muted as being as slick as Windows 7. This time next week I will be 100% Ubuntu 9.04 - but I will not use Windows 7 until I get some new hardware (which will not happen for at lest 3 0r 4 months - and assuming the new laptop will come with Windows 7 and Microsoft has actually released it*), so I won't be able to judge it.

*not sure on the release date, but I heard it's very, very imminent.

Quetzalcoatlus said:
I'm working all day tomorrow in Abu Dhabi ...If I don't get my visa for Paki, I'll be here tomorrow night
it must be +8 hours difference, so I'll catch you up if I'm here

;)

Sounds cool!!

@Albie, cool on the Ubuntu!  I'm gonna check my cd out tonite and see what it is... I put my name on a mailing list for them, and I think they will just send me a new one when it is ready....?

LooseCannon said:
Of course it is.  The sooner they can get away from Vista, the better.
I've never actually used Vista in anger, so I can't comment - but I've not heard that many favourable things about it. But when new PC's are sold with a WinXP downgrade, you really do start to think.

I found an excellent picture this morning regarding windows

...let me find it... voila !!  :lol:

windowsdt1-87a4d3.jpg

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░████████░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░██░░██░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓██░░▓▓░░██▓▓▓
░░░░░░▓▓███░▓▓░███▓▓
░░░░░░▓████████████▓
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓

Dead Boss said:
How dare you?! There is only one with absolute power and He's not you.
:blush: I've just realized how it sounds and it sounds different than I thought. I had Adrian Smith on my mind, not God...  :blush:

That reminds me of:

`Here Lie the Gordo Brothers... ...too big for any ship. Let's hope the earth can hold them.`

Let's change it to:

`Here Lie the Iron Maiden Forums... ...too big for any brain. Let's hope the internet can hold them.`

Albie said:
I've never actually used Vista in anger, so I can't comment - but I've not heard that many favourable things about it. But when new PC's are sold with a WinXP downgrade, you really do start to think.

I'm using it right now.  See, when it's out of the box, it's pretty...ugly.  But after I spent hours tweaking it, it's much better...much closer to 98 with better drivers support.

Just saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  Pretty good actually.

I wanna go see that!!  I think I'll hit that tomorrow nite....

.... and next week.....

STAR TREK!!!

Back