lets discuss some underrated tunes.

I don't know about any of you, but a lot of the maiden fans I know are not very fond of Mother Russia, or NPFTD in general.  I think its a great song and a good album.  What are your thoughts? Are there any other maiden tunes you think deserve more respect?

Mother Russia is definately under rated.  Other songs:

Nomad
Face in the Sand
Judas Be My Guide
To Tame a Land
Caught Somewhere in Time
Infinite Dreams
Wasting Love

Can't think of anymore, but definately those.

I'd also like to add most songs from Virtual XI and X Factor.  I love:

Lord of the Flies
Judgment Day (should have been on the album)
Como Estais Amigos
Lightning Strikes Twice
Futureal

And pretty much all of those two albums; I love them!

NPFTD is an album I've gotten to enjoy a lot. The only track on it I honestly can't stand is BYDTTS. X Factor also gets a bad rap, but it is actually a decent album unlike Virtual XI.

I'm with onhell on those albums.  I've been listening to NPFTD often lately and I have to say, The Assassin is pretty cool.  I also remembered how much I love Invaders.  Its a shame they don't play that live.

I've got more:

Losfer Words
Run Silent Run Deep
The Prophecy
Only the Good Die Young
Die With Your Boots On
Total Eclipse
Fortunes of War
2 A.M.

all of npfd its in my top 5 :ok: also i like total eclipse more than gangland

Charlotte the Harlot
De Ja Vu
Hooks in You
Childhoods End
The Aftermath
Edge of Darkness
Lightening Strikes Twice
Comos Estais Amigoes
The Fallen Angel
Journeyman
These Colours Don't Run
The Longest Day

I agree with everything that has already beed said.

There are a few songs Maiden did that I cringe when I listen to, but mostly because of the lyrics. Songs like weekend warrior and fear is the key.
There's only one song Maiden ever did that I think sucks bad. It's the angel and the gambler.
The single version is ALOT better, but it's still not even close to being anything good that came out of Maiden.
And it's also not coming close to some mediocre songs by other bands. Most "bad" Maiden songs are at least as good as some of the "only good" songs by other bands.

Back