LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember quite well the solo Bruce release of Tyranny Of Souls in 2005. We're still waiting for the tour.
What was it? I can't remember. The situation is very different - Bruce solo tour while in Maiden and Maiden touring a new album.
Why don't they play Long Beach Arena?
Why indeed. The last time they played there was in 2003, Give Me Ed tour, right?
Not from the footage I've seen.
Only Bruce is having some problems this tour, everyone else is in great form and enjoying the tour (especially Dave, I think).

What was it? I can't remember. The situation is very different - Bruce solo tour while in Maiden and Maiden touring a new album.
It was pretty much nothing. His album got released in 2005 (just before Maidens Early Days Tour kicked off) and was in a lasting shade of the Maiden tour. Later in August the same year I myself asked Bruce if he would promote the album any time later and he replied he definitely wanted to, at least a few gigs. But nothing ever happened since. Up to the present day not a single song of the album ever was played live. Not at least once. (As far as I know.)

Up to the present day not a single song of the album ever was played live. Not at least once. (As far as I know.)

When you put it like this, it's pretty unfortunate. I know that Tyranny isn't liked as much as AOB or CW, but I love that album. A lot of the songs would be fantastic in a live setting. Abduction, Kill Devil Hill, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun, Devil On A Hog and A Tyranny Of Souls would make for an amazing live experience.

The time between Maiden records has steadily increased over the years. Bruce unfortunately (for me) has been keeping himself busy with other ventures. Steve on the other hand has British Lion, which isn't for me. If I had the power, I'd switch them and have Bruce focusing on solo albums in between Maiden albums, while Steve does something else :innocent: (or continues with British Lion, for the fans of that)

Last edited:
When you put it like this, it's pretty unfortunate. I know that Tyranny isn't liked as much as AOB or CW, but I love that album. A lot of the songs would be fantastic in a live setting. Abduction, Kill Devil Hill, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun, Devil On A Hog and A Tyranny Of Souls would make for an amazing live experience.

The time between Maiden records has steadily increased over the years. Bruce unfortunately (for me) has been keeping himself busy with other ventures. Steve on the other hand has British Lion, which isn't for me. If I had the power, I'd switch them and have Bruce focusing on solo albums in between Maiden albums, while Steve does something else :innocent: (or continue with British Lion, for the fans of that)
Agreed. And TOS is my fave Bruce solo album, prior to CW and AOB. I msyself also can't get into the British Lion stuff. Same with Smith/Kotzen, which is completely boring IMHO. A great Adrian solo thing is the Silver & Gold album from 1989.

My goodness did they sound incredible tonight.
They were amazing last night. I will admit i have been critical here at times based on what I've seen on various YouTube clips but i left last night extremely satisfied. I'm glad i went.

Hopefully the timing issues are fixed for good. I still think Bruce became ill once he came overseas. Let's face it, it will be something he'll continue to deal with and there will be nights when his voice just won't want to cooperate. We'd have none of these discussions if Bruce never had throat cancer, he'd still be going as strong as before IMO.

Hopefully the timing issues are fixed for good. I still think Bruce became ill once he came overseas. Let's face it, it will be something he'll continue to deal with and there will be nights when his voice just won't want to cooperate. We'd have none of these discussions if Bruce never had throat cancer, he'd still be going as strong as before IMO.

He sounded really rough during the 2011 UK tour, so I would not blame cancer for some poor performances, even though he probably experiences the side effects from the treatment (e.g., lack of saliva).

He sounded really rough during the 2011 UK tour, so I would not blame cancer for some poor performances, even though he probably experiences the side effects from the treatment (e.g., lack of saliva).

Lack of saliva? How in the world you did notice that? :D

I remember that tour. I honestly think he destroyed his voice that year by singing the Talisman each night! It was great to hear but that is a insane song to sing.

I just realized that I haven't commented on the Stratego live video... probably because I wasn't impressed by it.

The audio and main video performance of the song are from Download, but the song was one of the highlights from this year's festival. Why not from another show? The sound and performance of the song are pretty good imo. I'm not a fan of the editing, nice footage from the whole tour/other songs (lots of audience footage) but I just don't like this approach (Run To The Hills live video from 2018 was the same but much better). If they don't release a live concert from LOTB tour, Flight Of Icarus live video from 2018 will remain the ''true'' official release.

Maybe they didn't want to release a proper live video of the song because they will release a live concert from the Senjutsu tour.

More likely, Steve and him prefer to get completely drunk out of their fucking minds; it makes them dumb and aggressive, their choice. I don't smoke weed anymore, but I'd rather have an audience that listens with a bit of weed than one that bawls around with beer.

Not having a go at you @jazz from hell but it makes no sense to me why stoners always feel the need to pick a fight with drinkers to make their case for legalization. We're not the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back