LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they are now a stadium band in most European countries. It would be interesting to see if stadia feature heavily on the Senjutsu tour (cabaret tours are much more attractive to casual fans).
If they are stadium band, they need stadium worthy stage set. LOTB stage in stadium enviroment looks weak. Even pathetic. Indoors, stage with lights and fire looks good.

CREDIT: INFO below compiled by Totty668 on the official forum

Official attendances from the European leg of the tour, it seems the demise of Maiden predicted by some, was greatly exaggerated
The Olympic Stadium in Athens fit 83k people when U2 played there, there is no way 30k is the max capacity

The Olympic Stadium in Athens fit 83k people when U2 played there, there is no way 30k is the max capacity

I think they max capacities listed are the maximum amount that was available for the seating configuration on the night Maiden played rather than the max possible at the venue, so basically it's the figure for the Olympic Stadium with the upper tiers closed. Also, I think U2 play in the round so they probably have more standing available too.

I think they max capacities listed are the maximum amount that was available for the seating configuration on the night Maiden played rather than the max possible at the venue, so basically it's the figure for the Olympic Stadium with the upper tiers closed. Also, I think U2 play in the round so they probably have more standing available too.

you are correct. 30000 is the capacity with the upper level closed, as well as the gates behind the stage closed. Also the capacity i think referes to the ammount of tickets available. Having said that, there's no way we were only 26000 there that night.

CREDIT: INFO below compiled by Totty668 on the official forumAnd Maiden will never do ramps that are in front of the stage.

Official attendances from the European leg of the tour, it seems the demise of Maiden predicted by some, was greatly exaggerated
Of course it would never be true and we knew it. Btw, I think there were over 50,000 in Greece.
Yep, they are now a stadium band in most European countries. It would be interesting to see if stadia feature heavily on the Senjutsu tour (cabaret tours are much more attractive to casual fans).
TBOS tour had quite a few stadium gigs, iirc.
If they are stadium band, they need stadium worthy stage set. LOTB stage in stadium enviroment looks weak. Even pathetic. Indoors, stage with lights and fire looks good.
Pathetic? Every stage set looks better indoors (when it's dark) and every stage set looks small in stadiums. How big they have to build it? Giant backdrops? And Maiden will never put long ramps in front of the stage.
Edit: I don't think flashing big screens or the amount of pyro (you can't use it for every song, it would be dull) make the stage to look bigger in stadiums - maybe a little with the screens, but that's not Maiden's style. And let's also not forget that Maiden always deliver a show with Eddie (even more so with the spectacular LOTB tour, one of the band's best stage productions), no other band has that. I'd take Maiden's stage sets over Metallica's any day.

Last edited:
Of course it would never be true and we knew it. Btw, I think there were over 50,000 in Greece.

TBOS tour had quite a few stadium gigs, iirc.

Pathetic? Every stage set looks better indoors and every stage set looks small in stadiums. How big they have to build it? Giant backdrops? And Maiden will never put long ramps in front of the stage.
Look at the Rammstein, Metallica, AC DC. When they play stadium It's impressing. You may not like flashing screens, etc. but stage itself, measurements, amounts of pyro ARE IMPRESSING. I am a Maiden fan, but I say what I see. Maiden stadium experience leaves a lot to be desired.

edit: in other words, when Maiden plays stadiums, they need to build real PYRAMID. :D

@Azas I see your point but don't forget that Maiden have to deliver an Eddie show so it can't be similar with what you mentioned. I found LOTB quite an exciting production. A bit outdated compared to Metallica etc but this is in big part due to Eddie -themed limitations.
And thus, forgivable. Big time.

@Azas I see your point but don't forget that Maiden have to deliver an Eddie show so it can't be similar with what you mentioned. I found LOTB quite an exciting production. A bit outdated compared to Metallica etc but this is in big part due to Eddie -themed limitations.
And thus, forgivable. Big time.
I will repeat, INDOOR Maiden shows are from good to great. No problems here. Stadium on the other hand - especially, when is not so dark - :facepalm:
I understand that is costy to build separate stage show for stadium. But to bring indoor suited show to stadium is so Scrooge, if You know what I mean...
At the very least, they must use GIANT Eddie inflatables for a stadium show.

The thing is, they would have to just play stadiums. Seems like they had a mix of arenas, stadiums, and festivals in Europe. They could pull off a stadium tour in South America with select places. But there is no way they could do a stadium only tour in North America. They have to do arenas and amphitheaters.

Last edited:
The thing is, they would have to just play stadiums. Seems like they had a mix of arenas, stadiums, and festivals in Europe. They could pull off a stadium tour in South America with select places. But there is no way they could do a stadium only tour in North America. They have to do arenas and amphitheaters.

They could do a co-headlining tour with another popular band like Scorpions or Judas Priest and sell out football(soccer) and baseball stadiums, but not NFL stadiums because they're 65,000+

The sad truth is that they are probably not willing to invest on a stadium-scale stage set at this stage in their careers and would rather keep on using the same old set-up, which looks tiny in stadia but is excellent for arenas.

They could do a co-headlining tour with another popular band like Scorpions or Judas Priest and sell out football(soccer) and baseball stadiums, but not NFL stadiums because they're 65,000+
Yes, it would have to be a Monsters of Rock type tour with several bands on the bill. And this will piss everyone on this board off….they will have to play all the “hits”. Too many casuals will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back