LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juras is the one who writes the books about Maiden albums and tours right? Hopefully this isn't simply about one of his books.

The band actively decided against recording the tour. They've said so numerous times over the years.
The answer is in History - Part 3 documentary - Steve said that Rod didn't want to film this tour (''the reason was probably money'') because it was too soon after LAD and they've regretted it ever since. Great stage set and setlist. Rod said they have bits and pieces, but not a whole show recorded.
Beloved Maiden insider Juras posted on fb "Soon" with SiT font and colors.
Few days back he said that 2023 will be madness for Maiden fans.
SIT font again... hmmmmmm

If we can trust this info, what could ''madness'' possibly mean? Some assumptions:

1) Playing ''Alexander The Great'' live - let's hope so.
2) Hits tour around SIT album - no chance, because Senjutsu will have its own album tour!
3) 2 tours in one year - I doubt, but if they plan only 1 leg of the album tour, it's possible (40 dates each). With a new album in 2024.
4) Playing the whole Senjutsu album live - this will not be ''madness'' since we know they have/had such an idea.
5) New album - I don't think so.
6) Senjutsu + SIT (songs) tour - maybe, who knows.

''Madness'' is a word for something that can be a big surprise. That is my understanding.

2) Hits tour around SIT album - no chance, because Senjutsu will have its own album tour!
that is not 100% certain tho, plans change maybe they feel they dont want to do a full blown Senjutsu tour after all.
They have pretty much gone completely quiet on the idea, no band member to my knowledge while on tour has mentioned them doing a Senjutsu themed tour next, its pretty much gone cold since Bruce hinted at 'maybe' doing the album in full before the legacy tour started and zero hints since.

Let's not ignore the hints. I remember some fans on this forum doubted that Maiden recorded new album. There was photos from France, etc. Now we are in the new cycle. Bruce said words somewhere on tour, then we saw new tshirts advertising with Somewhere In Time font, now Juras posted about madness in 2023, using SIT font and colors. Hints, hints everywhere...
Myself, I believe they can mix it up some SIT songs with Senjutsu. Let's not forget about business side of things... The band knows that the new album tour mixed with classic songs will sell better. If they indeed will mix Senjutsu with SIT, I am betting, ALEXANDER THE GREAT will be played for sure. They will throw hints and it will create buzz among Maiden fans.
They can play only three songs from SIT, but it will be enough for hype machine, if these songs will be:
Wasted Years, Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander the Great.

It makes little sense to revisit SiT again after having done the SBiT tour. Sure, they could finally perform ATG or SOM but wouldn't it be more pertinent to revisit some of the 90's material such as FOTD? Which would be a good way to promote a Live at Donington remaster and an Early Years part 4?

It makes little sense to revisit SiT again after having done the SBiT tour. Sure, they could finally perform ATG or SOM but wouldn't it be more pertinent to revisit some of the 90's material such as FOTD? Which would be a good way to promote a Live at Donington remaster and an Early Years part 4?
The first four albums were covered extensively by the Eddie Rips Up the World Tour, Powerslave by SBiT (which was more of a Live After Death revival with a few alterations) and SSOASS by the Maiden England Tour. That leaves SIT as the only 80's album that hasn't really had a second chance.

As much as I love the 90's albums they aren't very popular, especially compared to SIT. In that sense it would make more sense for them to do something for SIT, than to continue the history tours. I think LOTB was the definitive end for the history series. Which is a bummer, since I'd adore a tour full of 90's songs.

If they really are going to revisit SIT (as it seems to be with the little given clues) that leaves me wondering, did they change their plans?
Anyways Covid-19 made their plans put on hold for few years and so maybe it affected this whole situation even more that we can know.
As surely would have hoped to see/hear SIT songs there on the SBIT-tour..but maybe they have had second thoughts and somehow now are coming to realize how overlooked the whole SIT-era has been all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back