LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

And CSIT won't ever be played again. 99,5% sure of that. Listen to the album version. To bass drum especially. Nicko in 2018 stated that the fastet he can play the bass drum nowadays is the Wicker Man chorus. And that's a small segment. CSIT is at a brutal speed the whole song.
For a comparison that really makes it obvious: listen to CSIT and then listen to Stratego. Both are gallops, the latter is shorter, way way slower and Nicko still struggles with the bass drum part in a way he's not really ever done before with any song. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they dropped it in 2023 for another easier song from Senjutsu.

For a comparison that really makes it obvious: listen to CSIT and then listen to Stratego. Both are gallops, the latter is shorter, way way slower and Nicko still struggles with the bass drum part in a way he's not really ever done before with any song. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they dropped it in 2023 for another easier song from Senjutsu.

For a moment I thought you were going to say that you would not be surprised if they dropped Nicko in 2023!

Nope.

And CSIT won't ever be played again. 99,5% sure of that. Listen to the album version. To bass drum especially. Nicko in 2018 stated that the fastet he can play the bass drum nowadays is the Wicker Man chorus. And that's a small segment. CSIT is at a brutal speed the whole song.
Joe Lazarus can play it though.

I guess that depends on if you count GMETID and DOD tours as one. I do not, since DOD had completely different stage set (and was also the beginning of the stage setup that Maiden still use today).

I do not either, but Wrathchid wasn't there from the very beginning; the first two shows of the DOD tour opened with Wildest Dreams - Can I Play With Madness - The Trooper and Wrathchild got added for the third one!

Setlsit.fm seems to support this as well and I just checked the bootlegs from the first two shows; same thing!

To be fair Nicko did speak about this in an interview around the Senjutsu release, gallops like that can be MORE difficult to play at slower tempos.

That being said I do agree that CSIT is just too fast for Maiden to play these days. Especially if the slow shuffle of most Aces High performances this year is anything to go by.

For the speediest songs, they can use tapes : it seems that it's trendy for Dinosaurs' bands. :nuts: Kiss did it, so did Mötley Crüe. :lol: So why not Maiden ? :D

Nevertheless Bruce's idea back in 1986 to do an acoustic album could be a good idea for Maiden now : they could transform the CSIT track into a kind-of-Journeyman song which could help them slow down the tempo and play it live next year. :dancinggeek:

Last edited:
I agree that Senjutsu is too long to play in full (and also think it is not good enough to deserve being played live in its entirety).

Probably very wishful thinking, but if they are going to play 6 from Senjutsu it would be nice then if they dropped the 3 they've already played.

I think most likely the 3 from Legacy of the Beast: Senjutsu, Stratego, The Writing on the Wall+ Days of Future Past, Darkest Hour and Hell on Earth?
I would prefer they play Lost In A Lost World, The Time Machine, The Parchment and Hell On Earth than Days Of Future Past and Darkest Hour. The first song is a great song for Dickinson solo and the second one is too cheesy for a Maiden show.

Reactions: Eli
It would be a great troll if they play songs from somewhere in time and don’t play Alexander the Great :lol:
I have no interest they play that song and don’t like they play it just for the fans asking for it.
I wouldn't be surprised... unfortunately
If they play ATG, all shows will be sold out (btw, the Wacken show for next year is already sold out). Not that they need help in that regard. I couldn't care less as long as they play it live because it's a fantastic song.
I love SiT but time is running low, I'd want them to release a new album tbh. I could see them releasing material from SiT tour tho
I agree with the first part of your comment. As for material from SIT tour, Rod said that they didn't have enough good footage.
It is their very lazy choice of a song to play when they want to add some small changes to their setlists when extending tours or feel that a song needs to be replaced.
It's a great and easy live song though.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they dropped it in 2023 for another easier song from Senjutsu.
I don't think it will happen.
Anyway these songs would be played in slower tempo. Aces High has been the begining.
The tempo of ATG shouldn't be a problem live.
Probably very wishful thinking, but if they are going to play 6 from Senjutsu it would be nice then if they dropped the 3 they've already played.
Senjutsu, Stratego, The Writing On The Wall, The Time Machine, The Parchment and Hell On Earth will be the songs imo.

- I prefer DOTC and Darkest Hour to The Time Machine because of the solos and the bass playing, although the proggy instrumental part of the latter will be awesome live.

If the tour will have a 2nd leg, then they can replace one new song with another (like it was the case with TGU in 2017) - like DOFP, for example. I will be a bit surprised if they don't play this short song live, maybe they feel the middle empty part will not be so good live. Darkest Hour is 50/50, but they played all slow/ballad-y type of songs from the Reunion albums. DOTC will be a great live song, but I think they will not play 3 epics and they will choose Parchment instead. And I don't think LIALW has a chance.

Actually, I would love to hear the whole album live (even if it's maybe too long) as much as I want to hear some rarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back