LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Scottish and wouldn't give a shit if Bruce called someone acting like a twat at a gig a Scottish cunt.

He's said something in the heat of the moment, in the middle of a gig, adrenaline going, and getting pissed off with the flares. Flares that have caused him problems in the past.

He doesn't have the luxury of sitting at a keyboard thinking about what to say without offending someone.

Last edited:
I'm Scottish and wouldn't give a shit if Bruce called someone acting like a twat at a gig a Scottish cunt.

He's said something in the heat of the moment, in the middle of a gig, adrenaline going, and getting pissed off with the flares. Flares that have caused him problems in the past.

He doesn't have the luxury of sitting at a keyboard thinking about what to say without offending someone.

The flare thing is
Again, you can talk all you like about luxuries of sitting at a keyboard thinking about the least offensive way to tell someone to get fucked but the first thing he thought of was a pejorative about sucking dick as though it's insulting.

The second thing he thought of was bringing race into an issue totally unrelated to race.

Or people could just not take it so seriously and treat an angry outburst for what it is. Otherwise, I could be getting worked up all day about how the only time my country ever gets mentioned by someone in Maiden is when they say how glorious it was to bomb it to ashes.
IMO It's not the same because it was a different era back then when the bombing occured. If Maiden make fun of bad things happening in this era in your country then it is understandable that you should be offended.
Also I do not think that Bruce is absolutely racist or feels superior to people from other countries, maybe it was just a wrong step while angry, but he should not have said it anyway.

The fact that he even thought it is the thing that dissapoints me. Same way it would be if he said "black cunt" or "Chinese cunt" or "Russian cunt". It all comes from the same place.

At Wacken in 2008, Bruce had a go at a camera man who obstructed his view and called him something to the effect of a fat arsehole. I don't recall the exact slur, but I know that "fat" was part of it. I was overweight then to the point that I saw myself as fat, and am more so now. By the logic being developed here, I should have felt mortally offended. Yet, after the gig I talked to a mate who brought it up himself and said Bruce was being a bit personal towards the cameraman. We both agreed on this, but neither of us felt that Bruce was having a go at all fat people. Should I have taken to the keyboards back then instead to say how much I am offended and that Bruce should apologise to me?

Also I do not think that Bruce is absolutely racist or feels superior to people from other countries, maybe it was just a wrong step while angry, but he should not have said it anyway.

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but maybe that cunt shouldn't have suffocated him with his stupid flare to begin with!

At Wacken in 2008, Bruce had a go at a camera man who obstructed his view and called him something to the effect of a fat arsehole. I don't recall the exact slur, but I know that "fat" was part of it. I was overweight then to the point that I saw myself as fat, and am more so now. By the logic being developed here, I should have felt mortally offended. Yet, after the gig I talked to a mate who brought it up himself and said Bruce was being a bit personal towards the cameraman. We both agreed on this, but neither of us felt that Bruce was having a go at all fat people. Should I have taken to the keyboards back then instead to say how much I am offended and that Bruce should apologise to me?

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but maybe that cunt shouldn't have suffocated him with his stupid flare to begin with!
Did you ever meet Bruce? You realise that he would judge you differently because of your weight, right? Should he? Maybe. But because of your race? Never.

As for the "suffocation" -- here's a pic of me last night right next to a dude with a flare and I don't even notice it whatsoever.

Attachments

• signal-2022-07-17-00-08-27-808.jpg
    signal-2022-07-17-00-08-27-808.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 20
IMO It's not the same because it was a different era back then when the bombing occured. If Maiden make fun of bad things happening in this era in your country then it is understandable that you should be offended.

I agree it's not the same, but there's something about the fact that my nationality takes place in wide areas of popular culture, including Maiden, only in the context of the terrible things we did, even though the last person I knew who was alive at the time died fourteen years ago. All I hear about my country from Maiden is either how we tried to eradicate their little island or how they backed by nothing but the strength of their own resolve laid waste to us. I'm not taking offence at that, I knew this from the very first moment I heard Maiden, I'm just saying I can't really understand how someone gets whiny about Bruce calling someone a "Greek" cunt when they also have a song about the glorious warrior Alexander and how he changed the course of world history for the better.

You realise that he would judge you differently because of your weight, right?

Would he? How do you know that?
As for the "suffocation" -- here's a pic of me last night right next to a dude with a flare and I don't even notice it whatsoever.

Yes, because he was holding it above your head with the smoke drifting above you, while Bruce was also standing higher than you and had the smoke fly in his face. Do I really have to point this out to you?

Would he? How do you know that?

Yes, because he was holding it above your head with the smoke drifting above you, while Bruce was also standing higher than you and had the smoke fly in his face. Do I really have to point this out to you?
Were you there dude? The wind was going in the exact opposite direction. Watch some videos from any song during the show. There's flares the entire time. The smoke was flowing up and to the back of the stadium all night. None of the other members of the band were "suffocating".

You guys always find a way to not enjoy your favourite band

I'm wondering if there's something Oedipal about this. The moment the artist you idolise shows some sort of weakness or reminds you they are nothing more than human, they need to be destroyed because they can no longer give you guidance.

Were you there dude? The wind was going in the exact opposite direction. Watch some videos from any song during the show. There's flares the entire time. The smoke was flowing up and to the back of the stadium all night. None of the other members of the band were "suffocating".

No, I wasn't there, fair point. But I do see a damn lot of smoke on the right half towards the stage at the start of the song in this video from c. 0:37 on), and I have my doubts it's from the onstage pyros:

I'm wondering if there's something Oedipal about this. The moment the artist you idolise shows some sort of weakness or reminds you they are nothing more than human, they need to be destroyed because they can no longer give you guidance.

No, I wasn't there, fair point. But I do see a damn lot of smoke on the right half towards the stage at the start of the song in this video from c. 0:37 on), and I have my doubts it's from the onstage pyros:

Promise you mate, I was there, this is not scientifically possible. Check videos from the stands to the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back