LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read comments on some FB Iron Maiden fanpages written by people who where in Athens yesterday that the guilty guy with the flare has enlightened it at the start of TNOTB song and did it quite close from the stage that the smoke came directly to Bruce's face, which had the consequence of slightly suffocating him. He then had difficulty to breathe, that's why he left the stage for a minute...

Guys you are missing the point. I would be equally offended for any other nationality.

This behavior is not on par with how I value my favorite band. It’s pathetic and he should apologize today with a statement as a minimum.

But I would not hold my breath. Too big of an ego the little man.

Guys you are missing the point. I would be equally offended for any other nationality.

This behavior is not on par with how I value my favorite band. It’s pathetic and he should apologize today with a statement as a minimum.

But I would not hold my breath. Too big of an ego the little man.

Would Bruce stand any chance of getting an apology from the cunt who nearly suffocated him?

Bruce suffocated from the smoke of this flare. But, we should all remind that Bruce had a throat cancer 7 years ago. And that the flares are made of toxic chemicals which are dangerous for human health. And Bruce has, on the recommendation of his doctors, to take care of his voice and health, especially of his throat. How to do that with stupid people as the ones with flares in Athens ?

Would Bruce stand any chance of getting an apology from the cunt who nearly suffocated him?

Again this is not the point.
He offended 50,000 people that paid to see him by saying this.

The level of behavioral responsibility is not even close between a faceless fan and a public figure known to millions. I have different expectations from Bruce than a random fan.

I think everyone here can agree that saying “Greek cunt” can be offensive to thousands in the stadium and an unacceptable thing to say. A decent and professional behavior would be an apology by issuing a statement afterwards.

Again this is not the point.
He offended 50,000 people that paid to see him by saying this.

The level of behavioral responsibility is not even close between a faceless fan and a public figure known to millions. I have different expectations from Bruce than a random fan.

I think everyone here can agree that saying “Greek cunt” can be offensive to thousands in the stadium and an unacceptable thing to say. A decent and professional behavior would be an apology by issuing a statement afterwards.

But how many people actually got offended? I talked to a Greek friend of mine this morning who said the gig was amazing and when I pointed this story out to him he laughed and said "people will get offended by anything". So it does depend a bit on who you're asking, no?

BTW Bruce's vocals were mixed low, I couldn't get a lot of things he was saying. I didn't catch the swearing initially. It definately didn't ruin the night, he even continued the song afterwards and crowd was still going crazy. What's weird is that the other band members kept going like nothing had happened, didn't even bat an eye as if they were robots

But how many people actually got offended? I talked to a Greek friend of mine this morning who said the gig was amazing and when I pointed this story out to him he laughed and said "people will get offended by anything". So it does depend a bit on who you're asking, no?

Surely not all, but even if no-one will get offended you don’t say such thing.
Especially not in a professional environment addressing your fans.

Surely not all, but even if no-one will get offended you don’t say such thing.
Especially not in a professional environment addressing your fans.

After someone obstructs your work. Right.

Whatever happened to heavy metal?

I’ m Spanish and if Bruce would call a stupi people with a flare: Spanish cunt in a Spanish football stadium I wouldn’t be offended at all. I would laugh as I said before. In fact I would insult him even worse than Spanish cunt. There’s a lot of stupid people out there many of them drunk and very drunk able to turn an enjoyable show in a disaster so If I was Bruce I would stop the show and threat with left and don’t coming back. I would take these people and kick them out from the show and put them in hands of police. Like the Chile 96 incident I think they ask for help to the audience to kick the guy out there.

The guy didn’t say a word during the whole concert and the virtually first thing he says is “Greek cunt”? Come on.

To the people suggesting Bruce was ~~suffocating~~

I accept maybe he could detect smoke in his throat and that isn't great, but the reality is the wind was blowing away from th stage, it was an open air venue, and the flare was behind me, and I was 12 metres or so from the front and I couldn't smell that one. I suggest you check the videos.

The later flares were much closer and he didn't say a thing about those.

I'm trying to picture this: "Sorry for calling you a Greek cunt, you are just a cunt. Now can you please turn out the flare and let me breathe again so that I can continue singing for you?"
He should apologize to the Greek people in general, not to that cunt specifically.

"If you at Iron Maiden concert, no matter what color your are, what country are, what religion you are, what sex you are - if you using flares at the crowd or bulling other people - you are not just a CUNT on the Iron Maiden concert, but the CUNT IN GENERAL"

that's what Bruce should say. Reading these too sensitive crap about racism - I can say one thing - absurd. Iron Maiden stood many times for their fans - even postpone a show at Rio at 2011 when barrier crashes, or Bruce went nuts on a guy who were jumping on a girl twice little than him during 2 Minutes To Midnight at USA show.

Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying, "stupidity of man"
Tell me why, tell me why

Last edited:
He should apologize to the Greek people in general, not to that cunt specifically.

Or people could just not take it so seriously and treat an angry outburst for what it is. Otherwise, I could be getting worked up all day about how the only time my country ever gets mentioned by someone in Maiden is when they say how glorious it was to bomb it to ashes.

So, on this tour Bruce speaks much less... Something is going on behind the curtains...
Before the tour. In the Maiden headquarters.
Rod: Bruce just do your job. Ok?
Bruce: I will show them..
Steve: Just SING
Dave: La la la, you know.
Adrian: Hit those high notes.
Janick: Yeah, and I will dance
Bruce: I don't know...
Nicko: Brucie, my lad, You can do it!
Bruce: Ok

Tour commences. Show after show Bruce speaks very little. He is under pressure. Boiling point is somewhere in...
Then they arrived to Greece. Before the show, in the dressing room Bruce smiles and thinks for himself: on the stage I will mention Alexander The Great.... The Stadium will went nuts, ha ha.
Doctor doctor is playing. The Band stands behind the stage. Then suddenly
Adrian: By the way, Bruce, don't say a word about the last song of our sixt album, I still not figured out the solo.
Steve: I agree, I don't like those Wikipedia type lyrics. What I was thinking?
Bruce: Ok.
Now he is boiling.
The show starts and Bruce manages to not speak but to sing and act. Then, before The Number of the Beast he remembers his wish to tease the crowd with Alexander.... He smiles and wants to proceed with the joke, but then he sees the scared face of Adrian. I don't remember the solo, man!
Bruce feels that he is trapped in this cabaret theater, he is steaming. Then he sees the flare and the rest is history.
The end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back