LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, correctly and respectfully written Petition would be noticed by the band.
-A- Band would ignore it.
-B- It will strengthen voices of band members, who are not fully satisfied with album's production style, etc.
I am pro Petition, because it will do no harm, but may lead to positive changes. My english is bad, so I will not write it. :cheers:

I will repeat it once more : correctly and respectfully written, with some examples (recent live album, etc)

And please, don't be fanboyish, don't be afraid to raise difficult questions to the band. We don't want to tear them down. We want our favorite band to sound by it's full potential. That's all.
Fans must say, that Steve can't sit at the producers desk. It should be done, once and for all.

At the very least, correctly and respectfully written Petition would be noticed by the band.
-A- Band would ignore it.
-B- It will strengthen voices of band members, who are not fully satisfied with album's production style, etc.
I am pro Petition, because it will do no harm, but may lead to positive changes. My english is bad, so I will not write it. :cheers:

I will repeat it once more : correctly and respectfully written, with some examples (recent live album, etc)

And please, don't be fanboyish, don't be afraid to raise difficult questions to the band. We don't want to tear them down. We want our favorite band to sound by it's full potential. That's all.
Fans must say, that Steve can't sit at the producers desk. It should be done, once and for all.

A petition would not change anything. It is Steve’s band and he will do with it whatever he pleases.

A petition would not change anything. It is Steve’s band and he will do with it whatever he pleases.
You don't know for sure. Yeah, better do nothing and complain till face will turn blue. It is Steve's band, but when Rod will see that it may hurt business aspects of it, he may urge Steve to do something

Yup. I think the only thing that would change something is if Bruce was unhappy and said something to Steve. But, Bruce is happy as a pig in the mud doing the marketing and visual side of all things Maiden leaving the music side completely to Steve.

And H has learnt to shut the fuck up about the music direction / production in 1990. And has stopped complaining about mixes in 2010.

A petition would do absolutely nothing.

We are hearing exactly how the band themselves (mainly Steve) WANTS TO SOUND. This is what your not getting.

You say we want our band to sound to there full potential but what does that mean. It simply comes down to a group of fans want everything to sound like the Martin Birch polished 80’s sound but Steve and the band want the albums now to sound exactly as they do.

I do t think for one minute the band are doing anything to cut costs and simply releasing stuff they themselves think is half assed. They are multi millionaires.

I’m not being a fanboy either. I have my issues with some of their production choices, especially on live albums. I have raised these too. I just don’t feel the need to constantly bash the bands sound and mixes all the time. It is what it is.

I find it incredibly selfish and delusional to want to start a petition just to try and change the bands sound to suit WHAT YOU WANT.

You don't know for sure. Yeah, better do nothing and complain till face will turn blue. It is Steve's band, but when Rod will see that it may hurt business aspects of it, he may urge Steve to do something

The fans are quite happy to buy any crap with Eddie on it and music sales are a very small part of what keeps the brand going these days.

It is what it is, no matter how frustrating one might find this.

The Problem is none of YOU DON'T EVEN FU*IN TRYING to change anything. We as a fans can bombard Maiden emails with polite requests to change production approach. None of it. Zero. Nada. We moan, but no constructive action is taken. It's bullshit. Oh, they're millionaires, it's Steve's band, bla bla bla. You all greatly underestimate the power of the people. WE ARE CONSUMERS OF THEIR MUSIC, FOR FUCKS SAKE, and we have bigger influence on them than all of you think. Why Bruce returned? Steve was happy with Blaze, remember. It's because fans did not accept Blaze, and he was not a good frontman. Iron Maiden as a business venture was damaged. Now extrapolate this on to producing, etc. You all are just freezed in fanboyism and fear to EVEN TRY. :facepalm:
oh, and what did happen when Priest wanted to tour as a four piece? People have spoken.

Or, you know, Kevin Shirley.

Also, please god no Sneap for Maiden ever, please
I just gave some examples of very qualified sound-engineers. ;) I don't want Andy Sneap for Maiden either. But, they could stop using Tony Newton and Ade Emsley for live-capturing, mixing and mastering. Yeah, Kevin could be a very good choice too. ;) But a change could be a nice thing for Maiden. As it was the case for Judas Priest, Saxon and a lot of other heavy metal bands. My dream is Maiden to have some powerful production again as the band had on Brave New World and Rock In Rio. :wub:

Reactions: Yax
We as a fans can bombard Maiden emails with polite requests to change production approach.
What the actual fuck. If I was reading this and a member of Maiden I’d be contacting the lawyers and getting a restraining order out on you.

You me and every other fan of Maidens are entitled to Jack shit from the band. They owe us nothing. If they put out a record or any other piece of merch we have the right to refuse to buy but that’s it.

They could put out an album of Steve farting into a mic if they want. Fans might not like it, then don’t buy it. We the fans have no right to dictate what a band should do and how their records should sound. Anyone disagrees with this needs a serious word with themselves as maybe your a bit too obsessed with maiden and need some other outlet in life.

As soon as a band starts to cater for what they think the fans want then it all goes wrong. Sure there’s a vocal online community who has moaned about production but these people don’t represent the entire fan base. There might be plenty of fans out there that love the current sound of the albums and live recordings. If the band changed according to what YOU think they should do then you might piss of a whole section of fans that don’t like the same thing as YOU.

You can never please everyone all the time. All a band can do is do exactly what they want so at least they retain dignity and integrity and whilst some people might not like the bands decisions they can’t accuse them of being fake.

Regarding emails, that was just an example, there's Facebook posts (you can leave comments there), etc. By the way, problems with production are old and ongoing, so, please, do not say "you can't please everyone". Dance of Death, what was Steve's decision? Bad decision. What was AMOLAD decision? Same. Etc.
Metallica, for example, listen to their fans. Lars can say that he likes St. Anger drum sound as much as he wants, but decisions was made for the next album. And decisions after Death Magnetic 'clipping' problem was made. So, they listen. Don't try to label me a stalker. As a fan, I have a voice.

Last edited:
I think if Harris Let Kevin Shirley do the whole thing with absolute freedom we’d have very good products for the fans. The same happens with the artworks and for the stage productions. For god sake. Rent the services of a new and ambitious company to design a new kind of stage.
Because talking about the stage I’m very dissapointed with the nowdays stage. Don’t matter if people watch the cheapest materials. To see how inflatables goes down and Makes pluff. Use 17 backdrops with Eddie. The same flames pyro and later they say that it’s the biggest production in their career.
To be honest with you they failed recreating the World Slavery Tour stage and Seventh Son stage in 2008 and 2012. Both very poor 2D stage, Lightning and pyro in the same matchbox.
For some reason they want to make more money with less.

but I bet everyone who’s complained about say NOTD bought a copy and no doubt plenty bought multiple formats
I had pre-ordered the vinyl and CD but the minute I heard it on Spotify I cancelled both, so terrible it was. Along with ARLDO it's the only live album I refuse to pay money for.

Studio albums aside, if Maiden want us to part with our hard earned cash on whichever live album they drop next, they better make sure it doesn't sound like dogshit. It's not like we're asking a lot. In fact we shouldn't have to ask at all. Making an album sound good should be pretty much standard.

It's the least a major band like them could do.

I could add that Bruce (and surely all Maiden staff) considers the band as a company doing products for customers. So, as customers (and not as fans in that point of view), we have the absolute right to get a high quality product when the company grabs our money. So, we have the right to buy very well produced live and studio recordings. Not some official products which look or sound like very bad counterfeits. That's the same for official Senjutsu shirts : the administrator of Iron Maiden France discussion group on FB has bought one of them last year, but the picture on the shirt was completely misaligned with the shape of the shirt. If Maiden is transforming into a money pump and starting to sell poorly and badly done stuff at high prices, then I think a lot of fans will leave the band very soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back