LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I don't like from Festivals is trying to enjoy of the show but there are a lot of people here and there, talking, walking in all directions with a beer in hand making a picture for his/her partner, going for more drinks or looking for toilets… I don't know but pay a lot of money to look like the most stupid in the world… Even Santa is walking there :facepalm:
Like this one:

I agree. This video is good example of the people, the norm, going to the festivals getting pissed, busy texting, taking selfies, walking around, going to the toilets and then some more drinks. One of my friends claimed that for him it doesn't matter if it's festival show or normal own show. I think I might have to show him this video and see if he still prefers festivals anymore. Definitely own show is always better because there are more dedicated fans, interested and hardly wondering idiots there to see the show compared to festivals.

Another thing I don't like from Festivals is trying to enjoy of the show but there are a lot of people here and there, talking, walking in all directions with a beer in hand making a picture for his/her partner, going for more drinks or looking for toilets… I don't know but pay a lot of money to look like the most stupid in the world… Even Santa is walking there :facepalm:
Like this one:

That video is like half a mile from the stage. You'd get the same thing if you stood up the back of an arena. I was there in the crowd and everyone was transfixed.

Don't judge a Maiden show unless you've actually been to one.

That video is like half a mile from the stage. You'd get the same thing if you stood up the back of an arena. I was there in the crowd and everyone was transfixed.

The number of random people doing random stuff is greater on festival date vs normal Maiden own concert. Been to both and seen this happen.
By the way, seeing Maiden in Hyvinkää Rockfest proved to be one of the points where there's absolutely no doubt whom the people had come to see that day. I think almost everyone in the tens of thousands of people was wearing Iron Maiden shirt and other bands were like only a minimum share of them..it felt strange. Positive vibes definitely.

This - I was near the front too and by the second half of the set there was basically absolute euphoria all around as soon as each song started.

Just got home from Maiden in Belfast. I verified something that I had learned before but I didnt want to comment until I had relearned it. What I relearned is this; fuck youtube and fuck the naysayers (no offense intended, subjective etc blah blah). Iron Maiden still have it. Bruce is a wonder, tempos are fine. I was quite far back and fearful of the crowd losing interest during the opening 40mins but no, people of all ages all around me singing along to the new stuff, in awe of Sign of the Cross. An old school punk beside me said "fuck me, I had no idea that they were this good" during Sign of the Cross. And that wasnt the only such comment. I was overjoyed. I knew that I would love it but was delighted to find the non fans also loving it. The band seemed to really enjoy it. Obviously as pros they can fake that shit but I believed it, believed the smiles and Bruces reaction.
So, to conclude and to finish, anybody debating whether or not to buy a ticket based on chat here/youtube videos; buy a ticket, live free, die hard.
Point of note; Belfast was heaving with English Maiden fans who chose to come to Belfast rather than go to Donnington.

Was there myself, great gig.

Being avoiding the site for a few weeks now due to spoilers and glad I did, I had guessed which new tracks they would do but wasn't expecting Blood Brothers, wasn't expecting them to mix up the order which was great as it meant the element of surprise was back for me, and definitely wasn't expecting a second encore, even though I'd seen Bruce say they'd have the spitfire, but by the time the encore which had a 9 minute track in it! had been played I had just thought they must have changed their minds and dropped Aces High, then surprise surprise instead of Monty Python coming on over the pa it was an airplane engine!

Has their been controversy over the tempos? Because I definitely felt everything was more "studio" version tempo. I couldn't make up my mind if it was on purpose to help Bruce, which if definitely did, or if it was age catching up with Nicko? What has the consensus on that been?

Still little about the tempos:

It was interesting to listen to various recordings of Aces High from the tours, just can't believe how fast they did play it in 1999.
I did say it earlier, but now thinking and listening, the song feels totally different with that hyper speed tempo.
Thanks to @Ruflux for bringing up the recording from New York '99 here on page 50 and also thanks to @Lego for providing interesting tempo calculations on page 49.
Having witnessed that tour particular tour in 1999, I just didn't remember that they might have played it that fast that night. I got some bootlegs here, so when I have the time I will try to compare some performances.
This is all very interesting stuff..

Last edited:
Still little about the tempos:

It was interesting to listen to various recordings of Aces High from the tours, just can't believe how fast they did play it in 1999.
I did say it earlier, but now thinking and listening, the song feels totally different with that hyper speed tempo.
Thanks to @Ruflux for bringing up the recording from New York '99 here on page 50 and also thanks to @Lego for providing interesting tempo calculations on page 49.
Having witnessed that tour particular tour in 1999, I just didn't remember that they might have played it that fast that night. I got some bootlegs here, so when I have the time I will try to compare some performances.
This is all very interesting stuff..
The tempo argument is a bit silly. Nicko doesn't play to a click so his timing can vary from gig to gig.

For example, Aces in LAD is actually quite slow for the first half of the song but gradually picks up. In '99 it was too fast. LOTB 2022 it's about the same speed as the first half of LAD.

No live version I've heard manages to nail the studio version tempo properly.

The tempo argument is a bit silly. Nicko doesn't play to a click so his timing can vary from gig to gig.

For example, Aces in LAD is actually quite slow for the first half of the song but gradually picks up. In '99 it was too fast. LOTB 2022 it's about the same speed as the first half of LAD.

No live version I've heard manages to nail the studio version tempo properly.

The tempo of the song as they are playing it on this tour is ridiculously slow. If you cannot do the song justice, it is better to drop it altogether from the set.

Was there myself, great gig.

Being avoiding the site for a few weeks now due to spoilers and glad I did, I had guessed which new tracks they would do but wasn't expecting Blood Brothers, wasn't expecting them to mix up the order which was great as it meant the element of surprise was back for me, and definitely wasn't expecting a second encore, even though I'd seen Bruce say they'd have the spitfire, but by the time the encore which had a 9 minute track in it! had been played I had just thought they must have changed their minds and dropped Aces High, then surprise surprise instead of Monty Python coming on over the pa it was an airplane engine!

Has their been controversy over the tempos? Because I definitely felt everything was more "studio" version tempo. I couldn't make up my mind if it was on purpose to help Bruce, which if definitely did, or if it was age catching up with Nicko? What has the consensus on that been?
Ah, well done in avoiding spoilers. I thought about it but the day after the first gig someone sent me the setlist and I couldnt unsee it. Blood Brothers was a particular delight.
Aye, tempos, people have said their piece, I thought Aces was grand but I cant be objective while wrapped in the euphoria of seein Maiden live. Early tour youtube vids of Aces were annoyingly slow but last night felt fine.

The tempo of the song as they are playing it on this tour is ridiculously slow. If you cannot do the song justice, it is better to drop it altogether from the set.
They can, but the song should be the opener. One of the hardest songs for Bruce and Nicko live.

Edit: ridiculously slow? I don't think so. Bruce sounds better with every show (he is still a beast live). The placement in the setlist is the reason of the current tempo, that's all (it's not intentional). Btw, the tempo in Nights Of The Dead is great.
I think it happens with all the set. All the songs are played very slow.
Well, half of the songs in the setlist are slow/mid-tempo: Senjutsu, TWOTW, Revelations, Blood Brothers, SOTC, FOI, HBTN. Fast songs like Trooper, RTTH and Aces High are a bit slower, but that's because they're on the encores. Although TETMD and HBTN were on the encores in 2018/2019, but the tempo was very good.
No one complains about Fear of the Dark. It's been played much slower than on the album for years...
I wouldn't say much slower. The tempo during Maiden England tour was great imo.

Last edited:
For me, it wasn't just Aces High, everything was studio album tempo, Hallowed, Fear of the Dark etc.

I’ll say this, I’m going overboard waiting for them to come back to Australia. But if this current setlist is what ends up coming, I will be regretting ,y excitement. I want the new album tour in whatever for, it should take. End the Legacy stuff and get to the next stage, please!

Again, I think it bears repeating that the posts on this thread are people who haven't seen Maiden live on this tour telling people who have seen Maiden live on this tour that Maiden didn't play very well and/or the setlist was crap.

Because watching some shaky phone videos on YouTube = "I attended" or something. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back