LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The band stand up and quiet on stage waiting to start the first song :facepalm: No explosions, no smoke, no pyro…just 4 guys in daylight in front of an oriental thematic park. Where's the Surprise (X) factor?
The worse of playing festivals in summer is daylight. You can't deploy all the lights until the middle of the show.
Huh?

This didn't happen. They came out and launched into Senjutsu - it's not as if they were standing around or more than 20 seconds.

PS I checked again their site, there are only 2 UK dates for the whole tour. How come? There's no much interest in UK for Maiden anymore? Given the 5 dates in Germany I'd expect 10ish in UK.
In addition to this, there are even groups organizing to listen from outside the stadium in my city.

Those who think the band have great fun with the new songs: Correct!
Adrian confirms it in his interview for "Panet Rock".

“To come on and play three new songs – we’ve always said it playing new stuff, people want to hear the old stuff, but playing new stuff is the lifeblood of any band,” Smith said.
“You need it to get your blood flowing as a musician. Not that we don’t love playing the old stuff as well in front of people. But the whole production and everything, it was great to get back out and get back in the saddle again. Everyone is firing on all cylinders.”

By the way, like everyone in the band who gave interviews, he praises Kevin Shirley's production of "Senjutsu".

Huh?

This didn't happen. They came out and launched into Senjutsu - it's not as if they were standing around or more than 20 seconds.

he’s saying that it its a bit of a dull start for maiden standards. Compared to the likes of the wicker man, aces high, number of the beast, wildest dreams. Even eternity might fail has more oomf to it than senjetsu which is a plodder.

PS I checked again their site, there are only 2 UK dates for the whole tour. How come? There's no much interest in UK for Maiden anymore? Given the 5 dates in Germany I'd expect 10ish in UK.

They get a ver hefty fee for playing this exclusive festival dates here in the UK (Sonisphere 2010, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016, Download 2022) and the contract signed means they cannot play any other UK gigs in dates close to the festivals, which means that us fans in the UK get shafted.

The Twickenham SBIT gig in 2008 was their attempt at becoming a stadium band in the UK (and it failed as they did not sell out the venue). By then they realised that people here would rather see them in an arena.

That being said, they have done their biggest UK arena tours (in terms of ticket sold) post-reunion, with the TBOS 2017 tour being the absolute peak.

Last edited:
what about the merch this tour btw? would be cool if someone could post a picture from the merch desk. wondering if the four new shirts from the official Maiden online store are available at the gigs.

They are and they are not cheap! :lol: Let’s hope your have enough spare cash just in case your Frankfurter dream does not come true.

That's why I don't like festivals and prefer indoor shows.
Another thing I don't like from Festivals is trying to enjoy of the show but there are a lot of people here and there, talking, walking in all directions with a beer in hand making a picture for his/her partner, going for more drinks or looking for toilets… I don't know but pay a lot of money to look like the most stupid in the world… Even Santa is walking there :facepalm:
Like this one:

I so hope nothing will go wrong.
Because of the new omicron sub-variant BA.5, experts expect increasing infections over the summer. However, this is not threatening according to virologist Christian Drosten.
If something goes wrong in the stadium or with the stage, the show can quickly be moved here:

Everything will work out fine.
Ma kennt sisch, ma hilft sisch.
84AB806F-337A-4B4B-AC91-998353E89108.jpeg

Another thing I don't like from Festivals is trying to enjoy of the show but there are a lot of people here and there, talking, walking in all directions with a beer in hand making a picture for his/her partner, going for more drinks or looking for toilets… I don't know but pay a lot of money to look like the most stupid in the world… Even Santa is walking there :facepalm:
Like this one:

Is it my ears but I don´t hear the crowd chanting during the intro. :oops:

Like this one:

Thanks for this funny video. :lol: Yeah, I agree with you, that's a complete disrespect to the bands playing on festivals. :facepalm:

I think the show that I saw was great, but now it's kinda funny to see some (or even plenty) comments regarding Maiden's Download show.
Not sure if it really is only national thing, but I was under the impression that whatever Maiden does in UK seems to be so easily being being put down. For the start of the show with 3 Senjutsu tracks, some people found them flat. I mean, beg your pardon?
Iron Maiden is totally on fire and Bruce delivering the best in years as the few wasted years (due to pandemia) gave the time for him to rest and take good care of his voice.

So, have to say it again here..it will always go on like this, no matter what:
Some will complain, some will praise, some will just bitch around and some will...whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back