LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of quick (pointless) questions: When did they start using Doctor Doctor to announce showtime? And, when was the last time anyone but Bruce made it to the upper level walkways? It just took me by surprise to see Adrian up there on the Seventh Tour.

And, when was the last time anyone but Bruce made it to the upper level walkways? It just took me by surprise to see Adrian up there on the Seventh Tour.
Janick during his solo in FHTE in Donington 1992, if I'm not mistaken.
Probably not anything definitive and super detailed, but @Kalata here has gathered a lot of them to this thread:
Iron Maiden backdrops over the years
Not definitive and detailed? What? The backdrops are usually displayed with pictures!! And I have gathered them all.

Hello all! Decided to create an account here just to comment on yesterday's gig in Finland.

This was my third Maiden concert. First one was in 2010, the second on the Maiden England tour in 2013 and now almost 10 years later on this tour. Maiden is my all time favourite and most meaningful band so it's quite strange that it's been this long, haha.

I have to say, the band was in great shape. It's impossible to beat the gig from 2010 in Sonisphere (where we had a big storm which destroyed the stage and the festival area and Maiden still played their full set 2 hours late from schedule, in complete darkness which is not a given in Finland during the summertime) but this was definitely a better experience than in 2013.

It seems like Bruce's voice is in better shape than it was before Covid times. He was also seemingly in a very good mood yesterday, with lots of energy and stage shenanigans. The tempos of some songs are quite slow nowadays (Revelations, Run to the Hills, Aces High etc.) but when you are in the heat of the front part of the audience everything's great and you don't really care. Sign of the Cross also had quite a slow tempo, and a festival setting is not the best circumstance for a performance like this, but I absolutely loved having that song in the set.

My personal favourite moments:
  • The Writing on the Wall and Adrian's amazing solo (which was a bit different this time compared to what I've heard from previous gigs)
  • Fear of the Dark. Yes, it's been played to death but when you are surrounded by people with their hands in the air singing your hearts out to those melodies, it's just absolutely brilliant.
  • The ending of Run to the Hills with Bruce running from the explosions and doing the big TNT bang when the song crashes to a close. The audience went bananas.

A couple of tidbits: It takes a very long time after TWOTW to tear down the Senjutsu themed stuff from the stage. This was especially awkward in a festival concert like this in the middle of a very illuminated Finnish summer evening where you don't have the cover of darkness. Crew people running around, the band members standing around waiting. Steve made a yawning/tapping his wrist gesture to the people in the front row at one point when the hassle had been going on for a while, that was quite funny.

Bruce led the audience into sing happy birthday to Nicko after Aces, that was a very memorable moment for sure! They also posted a video from it:

made it to the upper level walkways? It j

Hello all! Decided to create an account here just to comment on yesterday's gig in Finland.

This was my third Maiden concert. First one was in 2010, the second on the Maiden England tour in 2013 and now almost 10 years later on this tour. Maiden is my all time favourite and most meaningful band so it's quite strange that it's been this long, haha.

I have to say, the band was in great shape. It's impossible to beat the gig from 2010 in Sonisphere (where we had a big storm which destroyed the stage and the festival area and Maiden still played their full set 2 hours late from schedule, in complete darkness which is not a given in Finland during the summertime) but this was definitely a better experience than in 2013.

It seems like Bruce's voice is in better shape than it was before Covid times. He was also seemingly in a very good mood yesterday, with lots of energy and stage shenanigans. The tempos of some songs are quite slow nowadays (Revelations, Run to the Hills, Aces High etc.) but when you are in the heat of the front part of the audience everything's great and you don't really care. Sign of the Cross also had quite a slow tempo, and a festival setting is not the best circumstance for a performance like this, but I absolutely loved having that song in the set.

My personal favourite moments:
  • The Writing on the Wall and Adrian's amazing solo (which was a bit different this time compared to what I've heard from previous gigs)
  • Fear of the Dark. Yes, it's been played to death but when you are surrounded by people with their hands in the air singing your hearts out to those melodies, it's just absolutely brilliant.
  • The ending of Run to the Hills with Bruce running from the explosions and doing the big TNT bang when the song crashes to a close. The audience went bananas.

A couple of tidbits: It takes a very long time after TWOTW to tear down the Senjutsu themed stuff from the stage. This was especially awkward in a festival concert like this in the middle of a very illuminated Finnish summer evening where you don't have the cover of darkness. Crew people running around, the band members standing around waiting. Steve made a yawning/tapping his wrist gesture to the people in the front row at one point when the hassle had been going on for a while, that was quite funny.

Bruce led the audience into sing happy birthday to Nicko after Aces, that was a very memorable moment for sure! They also posted a video from it:
Glad you enjoyed! Almost 2 weeks after Belgrade show and honestly, I still have same thoughts I had before. Talking about setlist, I actually quite like it now. I mean, it's still "Legacy" setlist. We lost Where eagles dare, 2 minutes to midnight, For the greater good of God, The wicker man and The evil that men do, but except WED and FTGGOG, I don't care that much. Exchanging those 3 songs for 3 new songs is great deal. Yeah Blood brother wasn't necessary, but it kinda fits. Overall, I think it's great show for new fans - you get songs from all eras, few deepcuts, new songs... I would really really like to see live album from this leg.

Quite a nice touch, plus Trooper’s battle was in Crimea right? Where the light brigade had “approximately” 670 men? (exact number 666)

Listening to the album version of TWOTW for a change got me thinking: there's a bunch of extra guitars including acoustics and whatnot in the choruses and under Adrian's solo which I believe aren't played live at all just like the outro solo. Is it possible Davey's Acoustasonic Tele was originally intended for those little fill-ins but for whatever reason they scrapped them?

Not definitive and detailed? What? The backdrops are usually displayed with pictures!! And I have gathered them all.

Ah, didn't mean to disparage your effort! You've done great work there and have indeed covered every tour and their stage settings. I merely meant that there aren't actual high-res "scans" or other kind of archives (official or otherwise) widely available of all the backdrop art thorough the years.

I'm sorry, but this sounds awful. What the fuck were they thinking putting Aces High into the second encore? Like I know some people will accept anything this band puts out no matter how awful, but Jesus H. motherfucking Christ. Have some standards. This is fucking wretched. Bruce sounds like he's being tortured on some of those notes in the second verse.

I agree, that was painful to watch.

I would like to know what's your opinion once they stop touring. This or nothing at all
Just enjoy it while it lasts

If they can no longer do a song justice (why play it as a second encore???), I’d say it is better to stop playing it live, regardless of expensive props. They risk turning on a parody of themselves, something they have said they would never turn into.

I didn't see Adrain's white Jackson. So, the Telecaster is his backup acoustic? Maybe he will use it next year during the album tour for LIALW (if they play the whole album live)... we don't know who plays the acoustic intro in the studio version. If I'm not mistaken, the black Les Paul used for TGU live was in his touring gear since 2016 (the song was played in 2017).
They like to carry around cool guitars that they don’t use…

They like to carry around cool guitars that they don’t use…
Yup. Especially H usually has around 10 guitars on the road (1 and a half case, which is usually 7-8 guitars), so he takes up the empty spots in Dave's case.

Richie Kotzen was making fun of him, when he toured with 6 guitars during USA S/K shows.

Reactions: Yax
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back