LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Aces High, last im sure its to save Bruce's voice. He doesn't want to be blowing at the beginning of the concert.
I don' think that's the reason. If Bruce wanted to save his voice or to sing only ''easy'' songs for him, then Aces High, Flight Of Icarus, HBTN, RTTH would be removed from the setlist. He is still an amazing vocalist!
And to add more: Aces High was the opener in 2018/2019 and the encore was also not that easy for Bruce - TETMD, HBTN and RTTH. I admire Bruce for putting this song as the last one in the set (because it's one of the hardest songs to sing from Maiden's discography), even though he's obviously tired and does not want to damage his voice with the high chorus at the end of the concert. The performances are not bad, but they need to change it to be the encore opener (to make it a little easier)... although the song along with the Spitfire works surprisingly well as a show closer.

All this theorycrafting about a better set is a bit moot at this point because we know there won't be any changes. That said, the only correct spot for three new songs in a greatest hits set is at the start for reasons already discussed many times before the tour started. It's the safest choice and doesn't create a lull mid-set (or worse, in the encore) where most of the casual audience is largely disinterested and off to the toilets or to buy beer. Plus, Startego had to be really early in the set. Nicko's already having trouble with it, imagine him trying to play it at the end of the set.

Because
Seriously, I don't see why Aces High should be included. They could have chosen 2 Minutes to Midnight, easier for his voice and most revelant with what's happening in the World.
Bruce has already promised it well before the tour began. It was a big part of the Legacy tour and he's said people they will get the main elements of that stage show as they have bought tickets for that tour

Anyway, Aces High could be in the middle of the setlist without Churchill's speech and play the intro not tape. (but I think they have not played the Aces High intro since Powerslave recording)

Anyway, Aces High could be in the middle of the setlist without Churchill's speech and play the intro not tape. (but I think they have not played the Aces High intro since Powerslave recording)
Why would they skip Churchill's speech if they did this? It's the perfect cover for getting the plane ready and changing the stage set before the song starts.

Guys, let's be honest: Bruce simply can't handle Aces High anymore, no matter at what position on the set they play it.

His performances back in 2019 were 'okish', but now I think it's time to accept that he can't handle it anymore. It's no shame, because we all know it's a very hard song to sing and Bruce will be 64 soon.

By being stubborn like this, they are becoming something that they always said they wouldn't: a parody of themselves.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I really think Aces High shouldn't be played at all. And yes, the fact that it is the last song on the set makes it even more ridiculous.

Bruce was also struggling to sing TETMD back in 2019, FTGGOG, The Trooper and sometimes WED. Their setlist, in my opinion, shouldn't have too many songs that need higher vocal range. That's where Bruce doesn't shine anymore. Sure, maybe one or two songs with high notes, but that's all.

On the other hand, songs like Revelations, TWOW, SOTC and The Clansman are all fine. Particularly, fantastic performance on Revelations and Senjutsu as well (this one maybe because it's on the beggining of the set).

Edit - I don't like his performance on Stratego either. Clearly struggling.

I've just attempted to wade through some X Factor tour videos. I'll take Bruce on his worst day over that.

And a note of appreciation that Sign of The Cross still being in the set today is a tribute to Maiden's bloody mindedness. They rammed that one home tour after tour.

Guys, let's be honest: Bruce simply can't handle Aces High anymore, no matter at what position on the set they play it.

Edit - I don't like his performance on Stratego either. Clearly struggling.
Wow! Bruce's performance of Aces High in 2018/2019 was great. I don't think we should question his vocals, seriously.

Struggling in Stratego? The high chorus sounds good.
Plus, Startego had to be really early in the set. Nicko's already having trouble with it, imagine him trying to play it at the end of the set.
Yep. The case was the same with WED (2nd song in the setlist too). Aces High-WED was a challenging start to the show for Nicko and for Bruce too.

Last edited:
It's interesting. I think this RTTH in Romania is better than most of the 2019 performances of that song vocally (never mind the absurdly slow tempo especially during the bridge after solo).

However, Aces High minutes later was worse than 2019, apart from the ill Bruce SA shows. I think it's the placement of it. Bruce could still belt it our as an opener.

And my judgement... Aces High is far more difficult song to sing than RTTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back