LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, ear protection for a kid is a must. I tried to use earplugs on a Maiden show, but I pulled it out after a minute. Maiden is not a loud band, imo. And that is not a compliment.

The two times I saw Maiden, they were loud enough that I needed earplugs. Ozzy and Judas Priest were even louder.
The only two bands that were not too loud that I didn’t need earplugs were Deep Purple and Elton John.

The two times I saw Maiden, they were loud enough that I needed earplugs. Ozzy and Judas Priest were even louder.
The only two bands that were not too loud that I didn’t need earplugs were Deep Purple and Elton John.
Have you seen Manowar? Absurd amount of decibel
Saw them in 2011 and I could hear my heart pounding in unnatural ways
great gig tho

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I think my son will have to wait a few more years; let's hope Maiden will still be around. Btw because I listen to some blues and stuff, for the longest time my son's favorite singer was Blues Dickinson. I never corrected him of course and adapted the name.

The fascinating thing is, Steve was considered a terrible singer in the 80s but from listening to bootlegs he actually sounded way better back then. What the hell happened for him to regress straight to basically if I was on stage howling into a mic? It's mystifying.
The same reason his mixes are bad, his hearing is shot.

Last edited:
No worries! At least you have not asked: Wait, since when do Iron Maiden have three guitar players? :D

Joking aside, @matic22 probably would be able to tell us when was the first time Adrian used that guitar on stage with Maiden.
Yup. Since LA 2016. He got that and the Jackson Xstroyer that night and used it on Hallowed until Australia. Then, he started playing other songs with it. And now, it's his main guitar.

Yup. Since LA 2016. He got that and the Jackson Xstroyer that night and used it on Hallowed until Australia. Then, he started playing other songs with it. And now, it's his main guitar.

Right so I've witnessed him playing this guitar since Shanghai gig was a few days after LA. But he only played Hallowed with it. Makes more sense why was left unnoticed.

Here's the Number of the Beast from that night. 1:34" white guitar.
After Powerslave I didn't bother to take photos /videos anymore. It would be great to find a video of Book of Souls -Hallowed on /after 16 April 2016

@mihai

Last edited:
Right so I've witnessed him playing this guitar since Shanghai gig was a few days after LA. But he only played Hallowed with it. Makes more sense why was left unnoticed.

Here's the Number of the Beast from that night. 1:34" white guitar.
After Powerslave I didn't bother to take photos /videos anymore. It would be great to find a video of Book of Souls -Hallowed on /after 16 April 2016

@mihai
TNOTB is drop tuned, so yet another guitar.

This one has a black pickguard.

Adrian during his two solos in Senjutsu:

Adrian.jpg

His 2nd solo (pic #1) is as epic live as in the studio version. Love it. He only changed the tapping just before the end of it and also fits great. One of the pictures of the tour, without a doubt.
His 1st solo sounds even better live. It has a more Eastern vibe.

Two of my favorite solos of Adrian for sure.

I am tempted to listen to Adrian, although I don't really want to watch videos before "my" concert.

I read some YouTube comments. They were very positive. One commenter writes of having doubted the band in 2019 and now being convinced again.
Surprisingly many asked if "Hell on Earth" was played and someone wrote it should be the closing song. I would have thought that on YouTube more casual fans comment who are interested in the classics.

I clicked in at a random point and heard Dave. I was a little worried about him because of certain photos, but he sounds very good
(especially for someone who hasn't touched a guitar in several years :D , you'd think that would have its consequences for a guitarist at his level :D).
Janick sounds like we know him and my dance teacher would be proud of him also.

1653819632866.png

(Belgrade, Serbia, 24 May 2022)​

So you mean before the song the roadies give them new guitars? Fucking hell I never noticed that.
About how many guitars they typically change during a concert?
With H depends on the set. This year, there are 8-9 guitar changes. Most of them because of tunning and one because H wants to play the Les Paul on SOTC.

With H depends on the set. This year, there are 8-9 guitar changes. Most of them because of tunning and one because H wants to play the Les Paul on SOTC.
This year? His guitars are only 4 for the tour (so far) - green Jackson, white/black Jackson Signature, black Les Paul and the acoustic guitar.

Btw, the white V is gone for RTTH. I like it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back