LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That quilted green body Jackson with the white pickguard really is foul, love his other signature models though.

I clicked in at a random point and heard Dave. I was a little worried about him because of certain photos, but he sounds very good
(especially for someone who hasn't touched a guitar in several years :D , you'd think that would have its consequences for a guitarist at his level :D).

View attachment 20441

(Belgrade, Serbia, 24 May 2022)​

He didn't play for a couple of year??

This year? His guitars are only 4 for the tour (so far) - green Jackson, white/black Jackson Signature, black Les Paul and the acoustic guitar.

Btw, the white V is gone for RTTH. I like it a lot.
I was counting changes not guitars.

1. Stretego - TWOTW
2. TWOTW - Revelations
3. Blood Brothers - SOTC (not tuning related)
4. SOTC -FOI (not tuning related)
5. FOI - FOTD
6. FOTD - Hallowed
7. Hallowed - TNOTB
8. Clansman - RTTH

Not counting ones between intermissions. But yeah, there are only 3 electric guitars so far for H.

I was counting changes not guitars.

1. Stretego - TWOTW
2. TWOTW - Revelations
3. Blood Brothers - SOTC (not tuning related)
4. SOTC -FOI (not tuning related)
5. FOI - FOTD
6. FOTD - Hallowed
7. Hallowed - TNOTB
8. Clansman - RTTH

Not counting ones between intermissions. But yeah, there are only 3 electric guitars so far for H.
Looking at that list makes me wonder why he doesn't just play Hallowed in drop D again and save himself a guitar change. He could keep the same guitar to the end of the main set after the post-Icarus swap.

The performance still sounds very tired to me. I wonder if moving the song a couple of spots earlier to the encore opener spot would make a difference.
Agree. Run To the Hills works better as the last song. Also, I hope they change at least one song for the second North American leg in September.
They changed a few songs on the Book of Souls tour.

Looking at that list makes me wonder why he doesn't just play Hallowed in drop D again and save himself a guitar change. He could keep the same guitar to the end of the main set after the post-Icarus swap.
Don't know. He stopped doing that on A Matter Of Life And Death tour.

He didn't play for a couple of year??

That was a -for me- stupid and implausible rumor. Dave himself said otherwise:

But that would mean to suggest that Dave is a liar. In his interview with Guitar World he talked about the pandemic period:

DAVE MURRAY: “I’ve been playing more acoustic than electric, actually… just keeping my fingers in semi-match shape. [Laughs] Just playing for the fun of it. If we’re sitting down watching a movie, I’ll have a guitar on my lap to keep my fingers working."

PS: I like Steve's hair color. :yes:

So forgive me if I'm still worried about the sustainability of Aces High as a closer further down the tour but I believe I managed to pull a really feasible song/stage order to solve that problem:

War realm:
  1. Aces High (explosions at the end and cannons firing and stuff in order to remove the spitfire)
  2. The Trooper (with trooper Eddie and all shenanigans)
  3. The Clansman
  4. Run To The Hills (no need for that much of a pause because judging by the live footage there aren't that much stage prop changes)
Religion realm:
  1. Revelations
  2. Blood Brothers
  3. Sign Of The Cross (once again no need for a considerable pause)
Hell realm:
  1. Flight Of Icarus
  2. Fear Of The Dark
  3. Iron Maiden (main show comes to an end with big Eddie at the back. The lights go down and there's time enough to change the set)
Encore 1 - Senjutsu realm:
  1. Senjutsu (with drumming sound intro and strobe light plus Samurai Eddie as it is)
  2. Stratego
  3. The Writing On The Wall (once again no need for that much of a pause since there will be no stage change)
Encore 2:
  1. The Number Of The Beast (with its own backdrop but preserving Senjutsu's stage)
  2. Hallowed Be Thy Name (same as previous track with the rope and stuff)

Now here's why I really believe this would work:
a)
Not that I don't like Senjutsu as an opener (quite the opposite) but kicking the show with Aces high solves the voice and drumming struggles as well as the stage changing ones too (and IMO Aces High's more fit to be the first song). Plus Senjutsu would also be a superb encore opener.
b) The few concerts the band played show the audience really digs the new songs especially WOTW. That being said it would do no arm to them being placed on the first encore since people will still love them the same way and sing along. Plus it gives time to a proper stage swap after Iron Maiden that isn't as disruptive as the one at the middle of the set (before Revelations).
c) Given that the actual format already has two encores I think the second one could be longer. It would preserve the Senjutsu stage and the song selection isn't casual. Although TNOTB and HBTN are actually from the Hell and Religion realms respectively both deal with thematics that aren't misplaced in a Japanese inspired set: a nightmare about hell and the last hours of man soon to be hanged. All other tracks (with the exception of Blood Brothers) would look awkward in this set. And once again TNOTB is a great encore opener and HBTN a good show closer.
d) Although playing the same tunes IMO there's a better balance between longer and shorter songs.
e) On a logistic perspective the degree of difficulty regarding stage swapping wouldn't increase.

What do you think?

What do you think?
Speaking of war realm. I dont think that we can call current encores a war realm.

There is nothing on stage set that looks like war theme stage. Only backdrops and spitfire, but stage desing is without camouflage, razorwires, sandbags or other stuff that could improvise battlefield.

Maybe they decide to drop war stage set becaue of current situation in UKR, there is no logic to play war themed song on continuation of Hell realm.

I think Aces should be the encore starter, and RTTH the very last song. It's just meant to be the closer with the big TNT explosion and everything.
This way Aces would come after Iron Maiden, so that might cause some trouble backstage with the big Eddie and the spitfire, but I think throwing guitar picks, saying goodbye and etc + Churchill's speech should be enough time to set everything up behind.

What a shame the promoter cancelled the gig in Kiev last night - what kind of situation could justify this? I hope the fans are safe, though.

Does anybody know which songs were left out of the setlist that they rehearsed?
Maybe the rehearsed songs were only the ones that are in the setlist?
Also, I hope they change at least one song for the second North American leg in September. They changed a few songs on the Book of Souls tour.
I don't think there will be any changes to the setlist. We will know for sure tomorrow, I think.
What do you think?
Bands usually put classics on encore, not new songs. I agree that the flow would be better and that TNOTB is a great encore opener and HBTN is a fantastic show closer, but RTTH (with the TNT stage prop) is the best way to end LOTB imo. About the stage swapping, I think the roadies prefer the Senjutsu realm to be at the start, so after that their work between the worlds to be not so much and long.

Speaking of war realm. I dont think that we can call current encores a war realm.

There is nothing on stage set that looks like war theme stage. Only backdrops and spitfire, but stage desing is without camouflage, razorwires, sandbags or other stuff that could improvise battlefield.

Maybe they decide to drop war stage set becaue of current situation in UKR, there is no logic to play war themed song on continuation of Hell realm.
Im pretty sure that's exactly why they've done it. As for Aces High, last im sure its to save Bruce's voice. He doesn't want to be blowing at the beginning of the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back