LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hyper-critical 'fans' had YouTube in 1999: 'Wow Bruce is completely out of breath during the verses of Aces High, and he's choking on the chorus, he doesn't even do the scream at the end! And where's the crowd interaction? He says the intro to the evil than men do before phantom of the opera, is he going senile? And they're only playing for 1h 40 mins... This reunion is such a cash grab, they must be short of money, I can't see them keeping going much longer like this.'
Oh Christ, imagine Maidenfans after they dropped SIASL from the set. People would be sending in death threats!

They have been much more conservative with tempos since 2012, when Nicko started using a metronome to get a tempo before counting off the song. However, this year Aces High is the slowest it's ever been. Here's my quick analysis.

I chose a few different versions from over the years, and tapped out the tempo on my metronome in the section leading up to the guitar solos and through the last chorus. It's all very approximate because they don't use a click so the tempo varies quite a bit throughout the song.

Live After Death: 260-270bpm
Mumbai 2008: 255-265bpm
Knebworth 2014: 245-255 bpm
Tallinn 2018: 245-255 bpm
Rock in Rio 2019: 240-255bpm
Zagreb 2022: 230-240bpm

So I just listened to the Zagreb recording and fuck me. I already felt it was slowed down significantly back in 2012, but now it sounds like it's played on a walkman with low battery. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing, it's definitely easier on Bruce and he still sounds quite good here, but it really is a noticeable difference.

Fantastic video with Bruce in all his glory. He's still the best.
Fantastic video indeed. Highly professional performance of a bland and uninteresting tune. Was standing some 5, 6 meters at 4 o'clock from the person who filmed this. 500 people in the front went nuts when it started, the other 21,500 in the arena went "Meh.". Exactly like watching a lame support act trying desperately to win over the headliner's fans.

I sped up WOTW and Stratego to bring them close to their live lenghts. This is why a good prodicer/ sound engineer is needed. Martin could not have his way with the arrangements but he could get great performances and grooves out of the band.

Last edited:
Fantastic video indeed. Highly professional performance of a bland and uninteresting tune. Was standing some 5, 6 meters at 4 o'clock from the person who filmed this. 500 people in the front went nuts when it started, the other 21,500 in the arena went "Meh.". Exactly like watching a lame support act trying desperately to win over the headliner's fans.
Troll.

I’m speaking from the point of view of casual fans which will be in the majority at festivals
Last time around at Download they were on the Book of Souls tour and played a new material heavy set, the camping chair brigade will moan about it but they'll be happy enough when they get a solid gold run of hits for the last 50 mins or so.

If Maiden wanted to cater to the casual fan they would still be touring SBIT 14 years on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back