LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it time, give it time...

There are already rumours about a tour down under.
yeah those down under rumors i heard were for 2023 tho, which makes me believe this current stage set is basically custom made to bring into a new year, they may swap out the blaze songs for a couple of the steve epics etc

Yeah, I really like what Bruce sounds like for most part of the clips I've saw and it just gets a little bit worse in Aces. I do think they should just put Aces in the beginning of the encores and then do Trooper, Clansman and RTTH. RTTH works better as a closer and Aces would be in an earlier spot and after an easier song to sing.

Most positive thing for me is how they improved the sound. I have seen them in this arena three times. 2013 sound was terrible. 2018 was good, but today way better then in 2018. I was at the same spot as I was in 2018, first row on the second flor. I was delighted how solos came trough PA. And yes, H is fantastic.

Speech before Blood Brothers was kept to a minimum. Don't know if there was supposed to be another before The Clansman, but the band standing around for a half minute with the lights on in the leadup to it is awkward. Could be an opening night thing. For 2019's opening night, the speech prior to The Clansman wasn't the "Blahblahblah Rolling Stone gave us a good review, blahblahblah new Iron Maiden's on the way" speech, but it was a quick rant about someone smoking weed in the front row.

They were probably better having the war theme right after Senjutsu, Aces in at song 4 would have been easier for him
1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. Aces High
5. The Clansman
6. The Trooper
7. Revelations
8. Blood Brothers
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Run to the Hills

Tadaaaaaaaaa. Plenty of setup/teardown time with the Writing on the Wall 'fadeout'/Churchill's Speech.

Tour will be long and demanding, I see them to transform setlist into this:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. Writing On The Wall
4. Remember Tomorrow
5. Ides of March
6. Wrathchild
7. Trooper
8. Strange World
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. Iron Maiden

12. Runing Free
13. Genghis Khan
14. Transylvania
15. Losfer Words
:ninja:

The Senjutsu stage looks really good and I am sure the songs sound great. Seeing a short clip of the title track and Stratego made me realise how ready I am for a new chapter for Maiden. I really wish the had moved on from LOTB when the tour got postponed in 2020. Still looking forward to Gothenburg though!

They done Aces High during this tour already. Recently also during Maiden England World Tour and Somewhere Back in Time World Tour. Now that they decided to do a second encore they should put rare stuff in that position. How about they go rogue, rotate Alexander the Great, Infinite Dreams, Stranger in a Strange Land, Bring Your Daughter and The Talisman in that position? We are lucky if we got 4 more years with this lineup. Time to play the the real rarities.

Last edited:
Most positive thing for me is how they improved the sound. I have seen them in this arena three times. 2013 sound was terrible. 2018 was good, but today way better then in 2018. I was at the same spot as I was in 2018, first row on the second flor. I was delighted how solos came trough PA. And yes, H is fantastic.
I was going to point this out as well... and Ive only been watching videos recorded via phones. It sounded fantastic even on a mobile device

One of my biggest gripes is that I don't think Dave's leads are ever loud enough compared to H's or Jan's. I watched the Senjutsu opener from tonight and Dave's solo sounded like it was ringing out crystal clear!

it does come across that they ended up not knowing what to do with Aces, they wanted to use the spitfire then ended up randomly placing it as the final song where it simply doesnt work. give it a few more shows Bruce will really start butchering it if they keep it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back