LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole tour I am watching YT videos of Trooper and national flags and I wanted to experienced that moment because crowd would went mental but that moment was missed. That really pissed me of.

TWOTW is great live song, crowd loved it. SOTC is one of the best moment of the show, I was afraid that people would get bored but energy was amazing on that one.

The Clansman is too long song for that part of show, people around me already started to lose attention during longer instrumental section. RTTH is the song that I am not fan of it, but energy and singing in the Arena was crazy, maybe even louder than FOTD.

It is not that he is straining JUST during this song. Stratego also sounded strained and most of the songs in that register. Halford had a much broader range and JP downtuned ages ago. Anyway, as I said before they are Maiden and would do everything their way.....as long as people pay to see them!

Last edited:
Others have probably mentioned this on this topic already (@Kalata ? ;) ), but the stage set drapes are a bit darker and aesthetically slightly more gothic this time. The "pillars" that were on each side of the drum riser are also gone, probably due to Senjutsu set pieces. I wonder if the slightly rehashed drapings were there from the beginning and planned for the initial LOTB #3 or a change made due to delay and the release of Senjutsu afterwards.

Comparison below:
IMG_20220525_090140.jpg

As for the duration of the show that was talked a couple of pages back... I'd be more than happy with "just" a hour and a half if the set is interesting. I can very deal do without 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil That Men Do and another song like that if I'll get a good selection of "interesting" cuts. :) Of course, chances for that kind of a set aren't exactly high, unless we'll really get that "whole Senjutsu played live" thing next year. Who knows!

The current set... to me, it's bit of a so-so on that department. I'd love to see an Iron Maiden show that opens with that Senjutsu bunch (and hopefully I still manage to catch them this summer) and they kept Sign of the Cross and a couple of other tunes that I absolutely love. A set that has those three songs from Senjutsu, Revelations, Blood Brothers, Sign of the Cross, Flight of Icarus and The Clansman (+ Aces High, but of course it's setlist position is another thing) is definitely a good one in my book, even if I managed to catch most of those classic cuts in 2018. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they played Sign of the Cross on every gig they have left in them from now on. :D

Of course, there's not a whole lot of surprises outside the running order of the set being quite interesting. Well, I didn't expect Blood Brothers to be the replacement to For the Greater Good of God, but looking at it now, it's quite logical pick and most likely goes down well enough for festival crowd as well; better than FTGGOG anyway, as much as I personally love that one.

Altogether, I'd sum it up like this:
Song selection itself isn't too surprising, but it's pretty much what was promised, so I really don't have any complaints about that. I'm glad both Blaze-era tunes were kept and to me, The Trooper & The Clansman make a great encore, but not sure how well the latter goes down to masses at that point.

Looking at the ratio between new/very interesting stuff & staples/obvious classics, the set is still very strong. Not quite as fresh as the original LOTB or TBOS set initially was, but definitely more interesting than something like 2011 set and definitely a better continuation with slight changes thing than Maiden England 2014.

Altogether, I'd sum it up like this:
Song selection itself isn't too surprising, but it's pretty much what was promised, so I really don't have any complaints about that. I'm glad both Blaze-era tunes were kept and to me, The Trooper & The Clansman make a great encore, but not sure how well the latter goes down to masses at that point.

Looking at the ratio between new/very interesting stuff & staples/obvious classics, the set is still very strong. Not quite as fresh as the original LOTB or TBOS set initially was, but definitely more interesting than something like 2011 set and definitely a better continuation with slight changes thing than Maiden England 2014.
That's what I don't get about the complaints about song selection, they said all along it was going to be the LotB set with some Senjutsu cuts added into it. Surely folks weren't expecting Maiden to be cranking out a 19-song set in 2022?

I get the critique on the "Some songs being swapped out for more relevant songs to fit current times" angle where only one other 'oldie' (I mean, Blood Brothers's is 20+ years old at this point) was put in. I get that.

Surely folks weren't expecting Maiden to be cranking out a 19-song set in 2022?

Bruce slipped out in some interviews that he would like to do some rare stuff (I think Stranger in a Strange Land was mentioned) at some point and Nicko played it, along with a lot of Seventh Son tunes, including Infinite Dreams with his party band, so maybe things like that made some expectations go ridiculously high. :) Sure after three years they have one big surprise for us!

For this once, I won't even get started on the speculation and hopes for Alexander the Great... :)

Others have probably mentioned this on this topic already (@Kalata ? ;) ), but the stage set drapes are a bit darker and aesthetically slightly more gothic this time. The "pillars" that were on each side of the drum riser are also gone, probably due to Senjutsu set pieces. I wonder if the slightly rehashed drapings were there from the beginning and planned for the initial LOTB #3 or a change made due to delay and the release of Senjutsu afterwards.

Comparison below:
View attachment 20330
Well spotted! I think they made all those changes to the stage design because of the new Senjutsu realm.
I get the critique on the "Some songs being swapped out for more relevant songs to fit current times" angle where only one other 'oldie' (I mean, Blood Brothers's is 20+ years old at this point) was put in. I get that.
^ This is my only complain. I think they should have changed 2 more songs (or at least 1 more) from the old classics. The setlist would have been more interesting and fresh. Although I even thought that they only will play the new songs and not change anything else.

Btw, there were 3 changes for the third leg of ME tour.

Stratego should have some backing vocals during the chorus imo (like the double vocals in the studio version). It will sound even better.

Edit: the melody under the chorus is played only by Janick and Dave.

Last edited:
It is not that he is staining JUST during this song. Stratego also sounded strained and most of the songs in that register. Halford had a much broader range and JP downtuned ages ago. Any, as I said before thay are Maiden and would do everything their way.....as long as people pay to see them!
He ruined quite a few decent songs in the studio also - These colors, Death or glory, Great Unknown etc. etc. I simply don't get this hitting-the-notes thing - why hitting them live when it's annoying at best and unintentionally funny (and embarrassing) at worst? Honestly, can anybody here say with a straight face that they enjoyed themselves listening to NOTD?

I don't want to complain about the setlist because I think we're all so lucky to still have them in great form, but it really doesn't make sense for me to play those 3 tunes if they're already planning a Senjutsu tour playing the whole album (which idea I love btw). As I haven't seen LOTB 2018/19, I'd prefer to see some of the deep cuts that got cut instead of seeing twice those 3 songs.
Makes perfect sense to me. I imagine they are playing these 3 songs now as the current tour dates, especially the upcoming US dates, are more the play classics crowd who would not want a full album tour so this is all their getting from Senjutsu. I may be wrong but that’s my take.

Likely they will stick to the U.K., South America, parts of Asia (Defo Japan) and selected parts of Europe if they do a full Senjutsu album tour.

I can totally live without TNOTB song on tour. Last night it was one of the less eneregetic performance from crowd and from the band.

And yes, Senujutsu set is taking way too long to be replaced.

I can totally live without TNOTB song on tour. Last night it was one of the less eneregetic performance from crowd and from the band.

And yes, Senujutsu set is taking way too long to be replaced.
Fuck me every post I’ve read from you in this thread is a moan about something.

On that subject way too many people nit picking every little part of two shows and talking trash and being negative. Someone new to this forum reading this thread would think this is an anti-maiden bashing forum.

We don’t have to be blind to issues and love everything but some people have way to much time on their hands and seem to be over analysing every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back