LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I don't agree, but let's not forget that songs from SIT are not high in the band's priority list (sadly) and ME tour was a long representation of SSOASS. I still think they easily could have played one more song.
Maybe they are putting some of those song to rest for while, maybe waiting for encores (TETMD) on the next tour? Who knows, but it's good that we've seen history tours and varied setlists (even from our precious Maiden).

Last edited:
I would say there's real chance and possibility of them really playing the whole Senjutsu + some selected encores on the next tour?
The overall pretty positive vibes and reviews, plus also the sincere interest to new material.
They want to do it, so we also want to hear it and experience it. Hopefully it will be happening. It was just great to witness AMOLAD live in concert, I think they made right decision back then, it was bold but wise choice to do. I respect them for playing that album live.

Watched some youtube clips. I dunno, Senjutsu realm to me looks too claustrophobic. I even dare to say, inflatable pagodas is borderline cringe? Aces High as a closing song is completely off the place. Bruce sang good, but as a song itself, it's in the wrong place. At gunpoint, I would choose earlier LOTB version.

Last edited:
Watched some youtube clips. I dunno, Senjutsu realm to me looks too claustrophobic. I even dare to say, inflatable pagodas is borderline cringe? Aces High as a closing song is completely off the place. Bruce sang good, but as a song itself, it's in the wrong place. Pressed by the gunpoint, I would choose earlier LOTB version.
It does feel like a bit of a compromise setlist, like the band would be happy to just go all out and tour the Senjutsu album but they have promised the fans that they will have the spitfire, the legacy of the beast production etc. and have had to mash them both together.

The bass drum artwork after the Senjutsu realm was changed to the stained glass windows (like in the previous two legs).

I like the look of his new kit as much as the previous one. He decided the background to all Eddies to be the artwork from the gatefold of Senjutsu.

Eddies:

- TNOTB single
- Trooper
- SIT
- Senjutsu (from the album's gatefold)
- TNOTB album
- AMOLAD
- Trooper and Senjutsu from 2022 tour poster (on the bass drum)
- Senjutsu (from the album's booklet, the one in a red background), (on the bass drum) / it's also on the gong
And the samurai from his tattoo.

Edit: he has a dice in all cymbals!

Last edited:
My only gripe is that the setlist could have been more interesting with at least 2 more changes (to the old classics). A missed opportunity with these Hits tours that are 3 years long!

They can still do it. The tour start had slipped off my radar somehow, so it's a nice surprise to see the videos. As others have said, they sound better than before and better than expected. Best sounding song I saw was Senjutsu IMO. Bruce didn't play it safe at all IMO, brought the highest notes relentlessly, although I prefer it when he sings lower.

50 inch gong with a lot of artwork for purely aesthetic purposes. Some spinal tap there.

No wonder why Charlie complains.
I've always thought the gong was a little silly even when he was using it, but now it's definitely a little ridiculous. I think Nicko's more than earned it, but that doesn't mean it's not a bit cheesy. Especially when it only keeps getting bigger... because he wants the artwork that's already on the bass drum head to be behind him also. Why not just hang a drape with the art on it at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back