LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce being sick. Did only start with the shows in Brazil (Curitiba,Ribeirão Preto and Rock In Rio) or was it earlier?
When did it start to show more this year? Is there some specific show or did it progress little by little?

I really do think it was just Bruce being Bruce teasing a European tour next year. Then the internet blew up lol
I couldn't care less as long as they play ATG next year.
That Aces High version was painful to watch.
Yeah, we should have never had a pro-shot version of Aces High from this leg (although there were some good performances earlier in Europe)! Even if Bruce was fine and in top form, this song will always be difficult for live performances, especially as the last song in the set.
The best performance of the song was in 1999 imo.

At least Nicko's tempo is good, Adrian with a tapping solo and we have a scream at the end.

Bruce being sick. Did only start with the shows in Brazil (Curitiba,Ribeirão Preto and Rock In Rio) or was it earlier?
When did it start to show more this year? Is there some specific show or did it progress little by little?
Just in Brazil so far.

I was in Lisbon and Bruce sang amazingly. Only Aces gave him a bit of trouble. Everything else was amazing.

The best performance of the song was in 1999 imo.
The 1999 was my first concert, but what I really would like to have is full proshot and pristine quality video/audio from some concerts from that tour. I have the best audience filmed and recorded material anywyays.
Another one that should well have been documented was SOT '86-'87 but due to the fact of them releasing LAD back in the day, they (was it Rod?) decided not to film and document it unfornately. Also I have the best possible audience recordings on audio and video to remind me of these times. I still remember the first time that I watched the Paris-show from this tour. If only could have Delorean to go back and see these 80's tours.
Just earlier when there was talk of AH and the tempo changes, it still keeps me surprised how fast they really did play it on 1999 tour. Wow!
Just in Brazil so far.

I was in Lisbon and Bruce sang amazingly. Only Aces gave him a bit of trouble. Everything else was amazing.
Ok, good to know and I will have to follow the happenings more closely (I've been somewhat busy with irl stuff lately).
I think he was also amazing in my show (Rockfest Hyvinkää, Finland).

Last edited:
In this video we can conclude that : 1) Bruce is always out of step with other musicians, not respecting the tempo. 2) In the last part of "Senjutsu" when Eddie is coming in, when Bruce sings the highest notes, we can hear that he is ill (tracheitis), 3) the band looks like to pensioners who play in front of a retirement home... :facepalm:

About RIR 2022 live stream:

The sound was good, the light show was odd, the crowd could have been better (or it was because of the mix) and unfortunately Bruce couldn't give 100%. I hate to say it, but it's not so enjoyable.

And what's with the camera again? Dave's solo in Senjutsu was not shown, while both of Adrian's solos and Janick's solo were shown only for a bit. Janick's solo in Stratego was also shown only for a bit. The start of Adrian's solo in TWOTW was not shown, while the acoustic intro was shown only for a bit. What's the point? This pisses me off a lot. For RIR 2019 it was much better (performances too).

I'm sure it was the same for some of the others songs. Oh well, I have to wait for an official release from the band.

Btw, Bruce has new shoes.

Btw, Bruce has new shoes.

Yep, visible on the picture I posted here:

In this video we can conclude that : 1) Bruce is always out of step with other musicians, not respecting the tempo. 2) In the last part of "Senjutsu" when Eddie is coming in, when Bruce sings the highest notes, we can hear that he is ill (tracheitis), 3) the band looks like to pensioners who play in front of a retirement home... :facepalm:

Thanks for the link to the video

The 1999 was my first concert, but what I really would like to have is full proshot and pristine quality video/audio from some concerts from that tour.
Another one that should well have been documented was SOT '86-'87
Just earlier when there was talk of AH and the tempo changes, it still keeps me surprised how fast they really did play it on 1999 tour. Wow!
There are pro-shot videos of some songs (Trooper, Aces High, Wrathchild, HBTN, Iron Maiden) from The Ed Hunter tour. I agree that the 1999 performances are brutally good and fast. This special tour with a great setlist is one of the tours for which I think it was a must to have a video release - the others are SOT 1986, AMOLAD 2006, TFF 2010 leg, LOTB 2018/2019 and some footage from the Blaze era too. It was THE Reunion tour, after all. I would love only a live album too, as we can hear from the amazing performances in the Brave New World singles.
In this video we can conclude that : 1) Bruce is always out of step with other musicians, not respecting the tempo. 2) In the last part of "Senjutsu" when Eddie is coming in, when Bruce sings the highest notes, we can hear that he is ill (tracheitis), 3) the band looks like to pensioners who play in front of a retirement home...
1) I don't know why this is happening, tbh. 3) The crowd was more ''wild'' in 2019.
Live sound mixed by Tony Newton like in some other recent broadcasts?
I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

@Kalata I agree with the tours you mentioned. I think I would have liked all of them to be released. Especially AMOLAD, because it was just so special to experience the new album fully live in concert and I would have hoped them really to record/film some shows that could have been released as some sort of souvenir or live album boxset for the ones that really liked that time. Too bad it never materialized.
With the slowing down the releases and besides the fact that we still haven't had the next installment in the history-documentaries..it seems that they're not too busy with these releases nowadays. Hope to see them and all these other interesting releases to see the light of day someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back