LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was meant to be race derogatory. I called someone a 'Geordie bastard' recently (pure banter, he's actually a friend), and it doesn't mean I have a problem with people from Newcastle, at least not outside of football ;)

But yeah, as SRFC says, it comes across as belittling everyone Greek and is a bad choice. There'd be little objection to him saying with 'bald cunt', 'lanky cunt' or 'ugly cunt', but not singling out someone from a particular region, race or nationality sounds derogatory.

At a guess I think he directed it that way in association with a history of crowds in Greece setting flares off at events. It's totally unacceptable in some parts of the world. Especially those that have had football stadium fire disasters, major terrorist attacks, and a hypervigilant health and safety culture. Maiden risks being liable for approving that behaviour.

Here are some observations:
The thing with the flares is a recurring event and it only happens in Greece hence why he said Greek before cunt. For some reason this year (2022) there are flares in every Greek concert, even non metal or non hiphop ones like Thanasis. There were many brainlets with flares like the dude with the flair and his kid on his shoulder or the dude who lit up one in the seats next to the oxygen bottles (probably Bruce referred to him cause he said something about seats). People yesterday were animals, pushing without caring saying let them die since they went in the front, even tho they were pushing people there. At some point a group of people lied before Maiden started that someone had fainted so the crowd can split and they could go closer to the barrier. Bruce saved this person that fainted which was a highlight for me. After almost every song we were shouting fuck Mitsotakis which was also very metal. I read somewhere that a group of people beat a security guy and got at the same place the bands and their families was.
The security guys were giving us free cold 0.75l water bottles which was nice but they way they split the court in half, fuck them
1658060664234.png
Also during the first 2 support bands there was no video coverage so people on the back couldn't see shit

Either he's going deaf or he really needs a new monitor guy. I quit keeping up with the night-to-night performances after week two of the tour, but how many instances have there been now of his timing being way off?
It's not a recent thing. When you listen to Maiden England, he's regularly singing false or is off the beat.

IMO, I don't think that Bruce is racist. He's just a guy who was angry after those people with the fucking flares. Being angry always means having bad words against someone else. He's just a human who was doing his job : singing for people who paid expensive tickets to be here watching their favorite band playing. He's not here to play a show for some people who are disrespectul towards the other people in the crowd and the band itself. If I was him, I would have been a lot more sarcastic and would have used some "flowery" words... So, stop criticize Bruce just because he's been angry after these stupid people in the crowd who are just here to piss people off...

I don't think it was meant to be race derogatory. I called someone a 'Geordie bastard' recently (pure banter, he's actually a friend), and it doesn't mean I have a problem with people from Newcastle, at least not outside of football ;)

But yeah, as SRFC says, it comes across as belittling everyone Greek and is a bad choice. There'd be little objection to him saying with 'bald cunt', 'lanky cunt' or 'ugly cunt', but not singling out someone from a particular region, race or nationality sounds derogatory.

At a guess I think he directed it that way in association with a history of crowds in Greece setting flares off at events. It's totally unacceptable in some parts of the world. Especially those that have had football stadium fire disasters, major terrorist attacks, and a hypervigilant health and safety culture. Maiden risks being liable for approving that behaviour.

Brigs, there is zero tolerance or excuse for what he said. He is a professional (is he?) and he should know better.
It was 1000% a racist slur. And it weights heavier as it comes from a “professional”.

People lost careers for saying “Jew mf” or similar and this is essentially the same thing. Any ethnic slur is an unacceptable thing and he was our guest.

You saying “Geordie bastard” it’s bad but I can understand it in a way, first because you too are a Geordie (I think) but put this aside you are not saying this in a professional environment.

The bar is high for millionaires and Bruce should apologize as a minimum. Not that he would be less of an asshole, but still.

As far as I know, a few people fainted during the show, Bruce was able to see this. Yet again there is no excuse for the way he spoke!

I’d say it makes a difference if you say it in a jocular way to a friend, taking the piss out of each other, than if you spout it in a fit of rage in a field full of people that would probably be offended by it. ;)

He's out of order there, what has being Greek got to do with anything?
Don’t get me wrong. It’s just the Bruce’s ability to create new insults and the later tempo fails in sync with the rest of the band why the laughingThat’s it.
Btw I think the fact of add greek word doesn’t mean that he could be a racist.
I’m sure if it was England gig he would say You english cunt .
Flares are very dangerous. Can be a lethal gun. Anyway where are the security guards to kick these people out?

Don’t get me wrong. It’s just the Bruce’s ability to create new insults and the later tempo fails in sync with the rest of the band why the laughingThat’s it.
Flares are very dangerous. Can be a lethal gun. Anyway where are the security guards to kick these people out?
Security? The inspection was almost non existent, they only checked if you brought food. They could have easily caught the people with flares before entering the arena, there was even a banner saying flares aren't allowed yet this wasn't enforced.

Here are some observations:
The thing with the flares is a recurring event and it only happens in Greece hence why he said Greek before cunt.

He could have said "cunt" or any other of his stupid curses and it would be perfectly acceptable.

Also, if he had said 'Scottish cunt' at a Scottish gig, he'd be dead by now.

In 2022 it is racist, period. And no. He wouldn't dare to say this thing in Scotland, Ireland, Germany or France. Or States. And sure as fuck he wouldn't have said English cunt.

6n1b2a.jpg

Security? The inspection was almost non existent, they only checked if you brought food. They could have easily caught the people with flares before entering the arena, there was even a banner saying flares aren't allowed yet this wasn't enforced.

Great, if they don't like flares they can never visit Greece ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back