Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only chance of Maiden doing any UK shows next year is as a festival headliner, there's no chance they would do full arena tours on three consecutive years over here. Ergo, I hope they are at download!

I think the only chance of Maiden doing any UK shows next year is as a festival headliner, there's no chance they would do full arena tours on three consecutive years over here. Ergo, I hope they are at download!

Bring back Sonisphere. Both times Maiden headlined at Knebworth the weather was miles better than both times I saw them at Download.

Plus Knebworth is easier to get to and the site isn't as monstrously big.

Sonisphere was a bit of a shambles in the end. The organisers wanted to compete with Download and there just wasn't room in the UK market for another major 3 day Rock/Metal festival. It never went ahead without Iron Maiden or Metallica headlining and had Anthrax on the bill all four times it took place. They gave up after an awesome 2014 with Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining and Dream Theater on the second stage right before Metallica's set. The promoter behind Sonisphere does Stone Free at the O2 Arena now in mid-June which is a Classic Rock and Prog festival.

Bring back Sonisphere. Both times Maiden headlined at Knebworth the weather was miles better than both times I saw them at Download.
Can't agree with this more. I doubt the weather had anything to with location, but the festival was held further into the summer.

I disagree with people saying Knebworth is easier to get to than Donington, possibly for people camping but I wouldn't know anything about that, too old for camping. Anytime I've done Donington there's tons of buses on site going here there and everywhere afterwards when the gig is finished.

The one time I did knebworth there was nothing of the sort laid on, and it was a 45 minute walk to somewhere where you could even get a taxi, no other public transport was in operation either. Would have cost an arm and a leg for a cab back to luton too except we bumped into a Geordie couple who were going straight back to the airport who shared a cab.

There were a load of buses to Stevenage that I remember, but I don't know if they ran all day or only at peak arriving and leaving times.

Donnington is so far away from Derby and Nottingham - the cities where the shuttle buses leave from - but Knebworth is really close to Stevenage. The traffic was absolutely brutal trying to get to Donington in the car in 2016, and then the arena is so far away from the car park.

Adrian was interviewed for Finnish TV during his visit to F1 race in the US; the reporter mentioned that their commentator is a big fan of H and the latter replied something along the lines "Oh well, thank you very much; we'll see you next summer in Finland, come for the show!"

He might have said "next time we're in Finland", but others have heard "summer" as well and after watching the clip on fellow fan's Instagram Story multiple times, I'm pretty positive about H mentioning "next summer" indeed.

Interesting. Then again, they played two arena shows here this year, but I wouldn't rule out them headlining some big (Finnish scale) festival or doing one big show somewhere outdoors...

Last edited:
NA will be included. Since they won't have EF1 and RIR is confirmed, it would be stupid to ship all of that stuff across the Atlantic and not play NA.

Australia and Oceania are different story, though.

I think we are looking at a tour similar to 2013 ME tour, with a shorter European and longer NA Leg.

Mid June - mid July - Europe (12 dates or so)
August - September - NA (20 dates)
October - SA (10 dates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back