Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, I'm just listening to The Evil That Men Do from Maiden England and it just struck me how good this song is. I can't believe I saw and heard them play this live and still argued for The Clairvoyant to replace it on the 2019. Fuck that. I might be a little drunk but that don't change the facts - TETMD has more than earned its status as a live staple along with the likes of Hallowed, NOTB and The Trooper.

So yeah, hoping they don't change a thing for next year and that our American brethren also get to experience the absolutely magical set that is Legacy of the Beast.

TETMD has more than earned its status as a live staple along with the likes of Hallowed, NOTB and The Trooper.
"The Evil That Men Do" is definitely an essential Maiden song along with those you've mentioned and "Run To The Hills".

Last edited:
Question: should they speed up the Flight of Icarus, just like it was in LAD or 97?

Let's compare the performances in this tour with those of the past:
- Bruce has more presence when he was slower. For example, in the chorus, he could have time to emphasize on the end notes, such as "suuuun".

- The slower version seems to have created an epic atmosphere which fits the story. It is addictive to stress upon: "fly...on your waaaay...Like an eaaagleeee"

- on a side note: Steve sounds so great in the slower version.

- In LOTB, Bruce could hit and manage the high notes very well; however, he lacks some breadth.

- Probably connectedly, he made his words shorter, and therefore, could have less of a stretch compared to the album recording or LAD. Some people did not like the overstretched chorus in the album; for them, the LOTB performance may be better. For others, he was like the ordinary shouting Bruce rather than the Bruce singing FOI as it sounds originally.

Question: should they speed up the Flight of Icarus, just like it was in LAD or 97?

Let's compare the performances in this tour with those of the past:
- Bruce has more presence when he was slower. For example, in the chorus, he could have time to emphasize on the end notes, such as "suuuun".

- The slower version seems to have created an epic atmosphere which fits the story. It is addictive to stress upon: "fly...on your waaaay...Like an eaaagleeee"

- on a side note: Steve sounds so great in the slower version.

- In LOTB, Bruce could hit and manage the high notes very well; however, he lacks some breadth.

- Probably connectedly, he made his words shorter, and therefore, could have less of a stretch compared to the album recording or LAD. Some people did not like the overstretched chorus in the album; for them, the LOTB performance may be better. For others, he was like the ordinary shouting Bruce rather than the Bruce singing FOI as it sounds originally.

Slower version. Bruce sounds better and Steve's bass fills during the chorus are deadly.

It's one of those songs that I like slower. One thing I would change, I would have H singing backing vocals again.

I also read today that two of the Killer Krew members unexpectedly passed away during LOTB tour.

The tempo they are playing at currently works wonders for most songs, apart from The Wicker Man; especially the opening riff sounds really slow

LAD has a really energetic feel, but overall I'd say i prefer the punchier LOTB version, i think it has more of an impact

I still prefer the LAD version of "Flight of Icarus". The energy there is just insane, like it's going to blow up your sound system each and every time it's played. I don't think the fast tempo would work nowadays, though; so, for today standards, the LOTB tour version was truly fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back