Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But like @Perun said, they could have done it last year. And, like @Mosh suggested, there is still money to be made from Legacy of the Beast.

I think band members don't particulary care about money. But the managers do. So, Rod and Andy will most likely persuade the band to extend LOTB tour, but if the band decides to go in a studio next year, they can't do absolutely nothing.

Do you really think, though, that if the band were all ready to do a new album that Rod could say "no studio time for 2 years, get out and tour the bloody hits."
Would the money men really hold that much sway over a band like Maiden? And surely Rod would tell the real money men to get fucked. I see the logic in the suggestion but surely if the band really wanted to get a new album out, they would.

Bruce latest friend from the last show of the tour - I think it is kinda cool to be an inflatable fish and horse on a Maiden's concert.... :lol::p

25a63b0097eee5f11862567b4afaad88.jpg

Yeah, spoiler rules have lifted.
Thanks.

Possibly one of the greatest pieces of theatre was seen at the gig at the O2. During the instrumental piece in Hallowed, Bruce just crouched motionless with the noose swinging freely above his head. Seriously, I was tranfixed on him.

My mum loved it. Felt it was very personal to her as they kicked off with Aces High (she's ex-RAF) and the played Clansman (she's a Scot). She mentioned Adrian Smith and his pouting, again, and Janick is her new favourite. She also felt the Steve Harris was trying to get more centre stage than before.

Do you really think, though, that if the band were all ready to do a new album that Rod could say "no studio time for 2 years, get out and tour the bloody hits."
Would the money men really hold that much sway over a band like Maiden? And surely Rod would tell the real money men to get fucked. I see the logic in the suggestion but surely if the band really wanted to get a new album out, they would.
They absolutely would, but these guys clearly love playing live too so I don’t think it takes that much arm twisting to convince them to postpone recording for a tour.

They absolutely would, but these guys clearly love playing live too so I don’t think it takes that much arm twisting to convince them to postpone recording for a tour.
I think you're right here. I know they oft talk of the importance of new music but at this stage maybe they want, nay, need to revisit the older stuff too.

But what if BOS is their last studio album? We should consider this.
Steve is pretty damn sure they will make a new album. So I am pretty damn sure we will get a new Maiden studio album once they are done with the Legacy of the Beast tour.

Steve is so clear, but I wonder if they actually have anything written on the next album. If they have clear plans, they may record some of it by the end of this year.

Clearly to surpass the book of souls they need to do a triple album. Ultimately whatever they do I'll be ok with it in the end. Hopefully we get a tour with Bruce in charge of the setlist again

Bruce’s October speaking tour in Australia and NZ and British Lion’s November mini tour of Canada will likely delay any studio time in the near future, however, I have a feeling that coming off such a brilliant tour the guys, each now relaxing in their own house/palace, will soon feel the urge to pick up that acoustic instrument all musicians tend to have within arms reach in their lounge room. A new idea here, a riff there. Studio time January. We can expect a June 2019 release.

Rather than take LOTB around the world in 2019 the best of this year’s stage show could be incorporated into an Aug/Sep 2019 new album tour...six new songs, two reunion era songs, four standard classics and an encore of Aces High, Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus.

Bruce’s October speaking tour in Australia and NZ and British Lion’s November mini tour of Canada will likely delay any studio time in the near future, however, I have a feeling that coming off such a brilliant tour the guys, each now relaxing in their own house/palace, will soon feel the urge to pick up that acoustic instrument all musicians tend to have within arms reach in their lounge room. A new idea here, a riff there. Studio time January. We can expect a June 2019 release.

Rather than take LOTB around the world in 2019 the best of this year’s stage show could be incorporated into an Aug/Sep 2019 new album tour...six new songs, two reunion era songs, four standard classics and an encore of Aces High, Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus.

Aces high in encores? No please.

It all will depend on when they do the 2nd leg of the Legacy of the Beast tour, but if this were to happen in the summer of 2019, I would not be surprised if they spent the early months of 2019 working on the new album. This autumn Steve and Bruce are busy.

Not sure if its changed, but doesnt Ron have a reputation for having the band 'booked', or have a timeline of the bands activities planned for a year or more out?

I know we are speculating on our end, but the band has a plan... its just time for a LOTB U.S announcement!

Not sure if its changed, but doesnt Rod have a reputation for having the band 'booked', or have a timeline of the bands activities planned for a year or more out?

I know we are speculating on our end, but the band has a plan... its just time for a LOTB U.S announcement!

Well, this isn't 80's anymore and Maiden can't plan 2 years in advance. They were doing that until the end of ME tour, but then Bruce's illness happened. I think they have some sort of deal that they need to report to managment what they want to do soon enough and then the managment books events/studios.

But I really doubt that the managment is already planing for 2020. They are all 60 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back