Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a source on that? I assumed they were going to tour North America first and then release the album like with TFF.

Is there a source on that? I assumed they were going to tour North America first and then release the album like with TFF.
Bruce in his book says that EF1 leg was planned for 2015, but they had to postpone it because of his illness.

I also think that he says that the album was ready to go in March 2015, but the managment said, just get better and then we'll get on with it.

I don't have the book with me right now, so this is what I remember.

Bruce in his book says that EF1 leg was planned for 2015, but they had to postpone it because of his illness.

I also think that he says that the album was ready to go in March 2015, but the managment said, just get better and then we'll get on with it.

I don't have the book with me right now, so this is what I remember.

I think you are right, I seem to remember Bruce saying during the promo cycle before the album was released something along the lines of ''if I hadn't been unwell then the album would be out already and we'd be out touring it'

Here are my predictions:
1. 2019 LOTB Tour occurs outside of Europe
2. Fall/Winter 2019 New album comes out [They have the time to write and record inbetween legs of LOTB]
3. At some point a new Live album/DVD, this is the perfect chance to showcase themselves playing songs that haven't been played live in a while
4. New Album tour in 2020

Part of me screams NO!!! Please come to my city but another part of me screams YES!!! Now go and record and new album and put it out as fast as y'all can. I'm honestly torn, this tour looks cool (besides the beast eddie YUCK) and I would love them to come to my city as I have seen them every show since 2008 but at the same time I need my maiden fix so a New album would be just as great. Also one thing to mention, with a tour called 'Legacy of the Beast tour' you would think the song 'The Legacy' would be a song on the set list. Maybe is there is a second leg it will replace FTGGOG.

What are the major obstacles to writing and recording a new album this fall, or reasons why we think they won't?

What are the major obstacles to writing and recording a new album this fall, or reasons why we think they won't?

Didn't happen last time, when everyone thought they would. Remember?

I have a question: Can I share pictures or discuss the setlist of the LOTB tour in other threads without put everything in spoiler tags, now when the tour is over ?

Well, we missed the obvious...

Bruce didn't give away his stage clothes to the audience... 2nd leg confirmed.

I’m starting to think it’s not really up to the band members. After the TBOS tour they indicated that they were excited to start the next album, same thing this year with a recent Steve interview (he even says they plan to work on material at the end of the year). Despite all that they seem to be committed to a greatest hits tour through 2019. I suppose it’s up to the management to put up the money for recording an album and maybe they want the band’s focus to on the tour.

Or maybe Bruce prefers touring and he has a lot of say in these things.

All that said I suppose it’s still a possibility that they have been working on new music on and off in between touring. Maybe after the writing and recording all at once approach of TBOS they’re deciding to let songs marinate before bringing them in the studio. It would be an interesting approach at least. Either way, they build the tour around the album so we’re not going to hear it until at least 2020 regardless of when it’s recorded. There’s no way LOTB is a one leg-one continent tour.

Didn't happen last time, when everyone thought they would. Remember?

Absolutely. Just don’t remember what the obstacles were that people were correctly citing then and if they are just as relevant now.

I’m starting to think it’s not really up to the band members. After the TBOS tour they indicated that they were excited to start the next album, same thing this year with a recent Steve interview (he even says they plan to work on material at the end of the year). Despite all that they seem to be committed to a greatest hits tour through 2019. I suppose it’s up to the management to put up the money for recording an album and maybe they want the band’s focus to on the tour.

Or maybe Bruce prefers touring and he has a lot of say in these things.

All that said I suppose it’s still a possibility that they have been working on new music on and off in between touring. Maybe after the writing and recording all at once approach of TBOS they’re deciding to let songs marinate before bringing them in the studio. It would be an interesting approach at least. Either way, they build the tour around the album so we’re not going to hear it until at least 2020 regardless of when it’s recorded. There’s no way LOTB is a one leg-one continent tour.

This might be the major reason why we get such little new material: it doesn’t pay the bills; in fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if it costs the band money.

I agree with Mosh that there's no reason they can't/won't change the writing process. Not saying that I think they will but they are full of surprises. However, in answer to mcindog, I really can't see them actually recording it this year and sitting on it while they do another leg of LOTB (which is a cert, I think). I know they had to sit on TBOS for a while but I can't see them doing it again by choice.
I'm sure plenty of new ideas are/will be floating about by the time the next tour ends so maybe the recording process won't be too drawn out. I reckon we will see a new album late 2019 or early 2020. Due to the thematic nature of the LOTB tour I doubt they will throw in a new song on the next leg, a la 2003/2010. Although that would be ideal in terms of speeding shit up.

I agree with Mosh that there's no reason they can't/won't change the writing process. Not saying that I think they will but they are full of surprises. However, in answer to mcindog, I really can't see them actually recording it this year and sitting on it while they do another leg of LOTB (which is a cert, I think). I know they had to sit on TBOS for a while but I can't see them doing it again by choice.
I'm sure plenty of new ideas are/will be floating about by the time the next tour ends so maybe the recording process won't be too drawn out. I reckon we will see a new album late 2019 or early 2020. Due to the thematic nature of the LOTB tour I doubt they will throw in a new song on the next leg, a la 2003/2010. Although that would be ideal in terms of speeding shit up.

Band recorded TFF in January 2010, then did a NA greatest hits (except for debuting El Dorado) tour before releasing the album in August. They then followed up with the full TFF tour in 2011 a full year after it was recorded.

Band recorded TFF in January 2010, then did a NA greatest hits (except for debuting El Dorado) tour before releasing the album in August. They then followed up with the full TFF tour in 2011 a full year after it was recorded.
Touche.
I just had a look at the timeline for Give Me Ed/DOD cycle. Album recorded Jan/Feb, greatest hits tour May-Aug, album released Sept, album tour Oct. It would be great if they mirrored this timeline. They are 15 years older though. Here's hopin.

Touche.
I just had a look at the timeline for Give Me Ed/DOD cycle. Album recorded Jan/Feb, greatest hits tour May-Aug, album released Sept, album tour Oct. It would be great if they mirrored this timeline. They are 15 years older though. Here's hopin.

Agreed. But like @Perun said, they could have done it last year. And, like @Mosh suggested, there is still money to be made from Legacy of the Beast.

there is still money to be made from Legacy of the Beast.
Absolutely. What I was suggesting/hoping for is that they could follow a similar timeline as Give Me Ed/DOD which included writing, recording, hits tour, album release, album tour all between Nov 02-Oct 03. This would give us a new album/tour quicker than if they wait until after the second leg to think about it. Basically, as speculation, I'm saying that there is precedent for a quick turn around, even though it was 15 years ago. So, like I said, here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back