Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone at O2 gig, I heard Howard Jones (the previous singer for Killswitch Engage) came out for a song. How did it sound?

I actually liked that band when he was in it (dude's got pipes), but the old/new singer with them now is quite bad.

What a great show! We ended up right next to the front of house desk and the sound was incredible. Hard to believe Bruce just turned 60! Highlights were WED, Clansman, FTGGOG, Wicker Man, SOTC, Icarus... and Nicko fucking up the end of the RTTH intro and missing the crash cymbal hits before the first verse :D

In all seriousness, I agree Nick and Bruce were the stars of the show, but a fantastic performance by all- gotta love that hometown gig energy! Will definitely come back and see them at the O2 again on as many future tours as possible!

It was a fantastic show. On my way to the second O2 gig now.

I think I had never experienced such well-defined guitar sound at a Maiden gig until yesterday show at the O2. Long may be Pooch in charge of the Maiden FOH sound!
PDI's are amazing for clarity. For instance, Alex Lifeson's guitar in this video is purely a Marshall Silver jubilee clone PDI-03 cab simulator.

Also, he is doing H's guitar with 3 mics, so he gets a nice stereo spread left and right. Pooch, hats off.

Yeah, I think that if anyone has had bad sound experiences on this tour then it was bad luck or down to various potential factors (venue, position in crowd) because both time I saw them it really impressed me. I've seen Maiden 10 times and have always thought the guitars were not as distinct as they could be (but I feel this is the case with quite a few albums as well). When they hit the stage at Hellfest it was like hearing a new band, as if every other time I had seen them I had been listening underwater but I didn't really notice because it was all that I was used to.

Uppa Pooch, bless him and all who sail in him.

For anyone at O2 gig, I heard Howard Jones (the previous singer for Killswitch Engage) came out for a song. How did it sound?

I actually liked that band when he was in it (dude's got pipes), but the old/new singer with them now is quite bad.

It was great, he sounded fantastic but I suppose we have to bear in mind that he could give it his all for that one song rather than having to pace himself for the set, his screams were absolutely killer though and he and Jesse both looked really happy to be on stage together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back