Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best tour since 2008. It's insane, that a lot of us have witnessed the best Maiden show of our lives in 2018.

If someone had told me 10 years ago that Maiden would embark on their ambitious and best tour ever I would have laughed at them. This tour is insanely good. I saw someone saying that after Flight of Icarus the setlist is predictable and boring. That you might as well leave the show then. That's bullshit. Bruce says "good night from Iron Maiden, from Eddie and from the boys. With a combined age of 947". It's madness, we should be thankful. Have you heard how well Bruce sings Hallowed and Run to the Hills at pretty much every gig?! Madness.

Sorry I am drunk. And I love Maiden. They have just put every othet act to shame. How amazing is that.

And by the way, how insanely good is Bruce at delivering vocals. I think every little "fire", "flame" and whatevet word is associated with fire is noticed by Bruce and worked into the set. The "eternal flame" pyro during Sign of the Cross is a stroke of genius. And during Flight of Icarus the flamethrower is used when he sings words like sun, ashes etc..

Thus the tour has ended. Can we talk setlist (without spoiler tags) now in other topics mods? E.g. @LooseCannon @Brigantium ?
Or do we need to wait a year? I forgot how it went with the 2nd leg of Book of Souls Tour in 2017. With a few changes in the set.
Alright, I checked the Songs played live thread and I updated it in 2016 (end of TBOS tour's first year), so I assume I can do that again now.

Somewhat depressed this morning - the tour is over, the band have gone home, there's nothing to do but go home and get back to normal :(

What a fantastic tour it was though! I'm completely knackered and somewhat bruised, but still, an amazing experience. Thank you Iron Maiden! Who have never promised more than they intended to deliver, or failed to deliver what they promised.

I think that may be not something that they want to do. I may be wrong but if this European tour is any indicator of future they will take more laidback approach - smaller tours, bigger shows to keep high level of shows at their age.

Wow. That was certainly something.

Killswitch Engage were... there. I liked the guitarists Stars and Stripes shorts. They could have played one 45 minute long song for all I could tell, was cool to hear Holy Diver though.

But who cares. We're here for Maiden. I was standing very close to the front, things were getting pretty crazy for the first half, but things did calm down around Revelations. Did security step in or was everyone just losing interest in the deeper cuts? It didn't sound like it, going by their singing. Even on FTGGOG everyone around me (and me too, of course!) sang every word. I was extremely happy to hear that live, I never thought I would!

The biggest highlights for me were, of course, the songs I hadn't heard before. But there were a few that I had heard before that I enjoyed a lot more this time around. Aces High for example, I first heard that on the Maiden England tour. I thought it was a bit out of place and a strange one to open the encore with, but it works so much better opening the main set. And the Spitfire! It was huge! The one-two punch of Aces/Eagles worked extremely well, I can't think of another two opening tracks that would work like that.

I think the "Religion" half of the set was the stronger of the two. Revelations, FTGGOG, Wicker Man, Sign of the Cross and Icarus were all incredible with an absolutely beautiful backdrop with the stained glass. Noticed a cheeky West Ham logo in there! I was a bit hesitant about SOTC, I heard there were a lot of mistakes in previous performances, but if there were any last night I didn't hear them. I think that was probably the best song of the night, the theatrics were amazing.

Overall, this is the best Maiden concert I've seen, I have no idea how they could top this!

I'm saying how it can be topped for myself. Less over focus on "fitting drama show". I liked Bruce's antics but it should not be a restricting factor. Like "I can't think of something to wear or I don't know what background or lighting I can use. So, great song, but we're not gonna do it."
As much freedom as possible for the setlist please.
Sod off, Rod. Sod off, game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back