Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paschendale instead of 2 Minutes to Midnight would have been extremely cool. Maybe a bit ambitious, but it could have worked somehow.

First video: TNOTB from DOTR
Second video: Trooper from DOTR
Third video: WED from A Real Live One (stupidly fast and missing the Clint Eastwood mention in the beginning)
Fourth video: AH, FOI from LAD; Clansman, Wicker Man from RIR and RTTH from DOTR.

No new recordings.

This one is definitely from 2018...

Last edited:
Would also love to hear Paschendale, but if I remember rightly they had a lot of issues with it on the last tour it was played? I see why they might be hesitant to bring it back.

Im Perfectly fine with current setlist. Everything play nice, Paschendale is great but adding another long song would rather tired most of the fans that would prefer to hear some classics that they know.

Im Perfectly fine with current setlist.

Agree. It's just that they usually change the setlist a litlle bit for the second leg, although I think that the Maiden England setlist was the same in 2012. and 2013. They changed a few songs in 2014 (and so for the second time I failed to see and hear The Clairvoyant).

Last edited:
Maybe Paschendale instead of FTGGOG, but this song is a centerpiece of the whole show - like TBOS during the last tour. :confused:o_O

And why so many people want to swap 2MTM, eternal classic and one of the greatest hits by Maiden !

Last edited:
I expected Maiden to release a LOTB ''Best Of'' compilation to accompany the tour. But to be honest, Maiden has a lot of unnecessary compilations albums - Kiss have thousands of them (the first was in 1978 with their first album being in 1974 !), but they are all good with an ideas in them (demos, re-recorded songs, new songs, best of from the 70's, 80's and 90's etc....). Some bands like AC/DC and Metallica have 0 compilation albums !

The useful compilations by Maiden for me are: BOTB '96 (one brand new song - and it was the first ''best of'' for the band) and EH '99 (the songs were chosen by the fans) ! FFTE 2011 is not bad too, but maybe they should had released it in two parts: best of from the 90's albums and best of from the reunion albums. On the other hand, SBIT 2008 compilation was totally unnecessary - a Maiden ''best of'' from the 80's with only 14 songs :lol: ETG 2002 and TEIM 2005 were also unnecessary, without a little idea/conception in them ! Stuff like BOTBS 2002 are great !
I like when the compilation albums have themes in them - maybe a ''Best Of'' from the Paul and Blaze eras would be cool. Or best short rockers, best epics, best from the Bruce albums.... :yes:
Compilations albums were cool in the 80's when there was no Internet, but nowadays we can make one whenever we want.... :)

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the gig in Aberdeen at the weekend, thought the sound was much better than at the Hydro in Glasgow last year. Highlights for me were Revelations and For the Greater Good of God. Slightly regretting not getting a ticket for London now, oh well, maybe I’ll do more dates on the next tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back