Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyway... There is nothing I can say about the show that hasn't been said about a hundred times already but still.
I though the show was phenomenal. We stood 5 or 6 rows from the barrier and had a perfect view of the stage. The production is monumental, absolutely stunning. The guys were on fire and I think Bruce sounded great. Adrian stood out among the guitarists, of course, but that might not be completely fair, since we were opposite the left side of the stage and I hardly ever saw Janick.
The audience as very much into the set list and the people around us sang every lyric, including FTGGOG. There were too many people, though, and that was my only beef with the organization - it took us forever to come out of the crowd.

The best show they have ever done IMO. It's better than The Book of Souls which was a fantastic show. It puts the very good Maiden England show to shame.

But I still think Maiden at their absolute best in 2008 is the best any band have ever been. The Oslo gig is still my favourite musical experience ever.

I have yet to see the current tour live (counting the days) but, funnily enough, the Oslo 2008 is probably my favourite of the 31 Maiden shows I have attended, closely followed by the Earls Court AMOLAD gigs and the shows at the O2 on the TBOS tour.

I think that I finnally worked out how to distinguish the two green Jacksons from H. His main one (the one he got in 2016) has two dark spots in the see-through finish near the arm-rest. The neck on this guitar is actually worn, not reliced. This is H's main guitar. This guitar now has a small ding in it near the tone pot. That is possibly a battle scar from H throwing it in Munich.

The other Jackson has an reliced neck. It was used a couple of times this year, but not a lot.

Hello all!
Was lurking for a long while and decided to take the plunge.

I was wondering- when they would announce any U.S tour dates. It seems like it would be at least 6 months after they announce the dates- so that puts us in early 2019 (hopefully).

Maybe this fall they will be working on new material?

Hello all!
Was lurking for a long while and decided to take the plunge.

I was wondering- when they would announce any U.S tour dates. It seems like it would be at least 6 months after they announce the dates- so that puts us in early 2019 (hopefully).

Maybe this fall they will be working on new material?
Welcome aboard! I personally expect a tour to be announced in late fall for a winter / spring tour of North America, similar to the first leg of TBOS.

And I don't know if they'll be in the studio anytime soon, but hey, who knows?

The name rings a bell. :lol:

There's always next time. I definitely intend to do a show in Europe again - just couldn't swing it this year. And I'll always welcome people who want to come to North America for a show in Toronto or Montreal.

The only mistakes I could think of is some jumbled lyrics by Bruce on Where Eagles Dare (not sure), Dave's guitar going off during Hallowed intro (or I couldn't hear it), and H's guitar was out of tune on one solo (or he fucked up because he probably would've thrown the guitar if it was out of tune).

The sound on rockwave was jaw-dropping, possibly the best sound I have ever listened to any metal concert I have gone, and I have been going to metal concerts (big and small) since 1989. A true juggernaut of a sound.

It is really heartbreaking to watch all these videos from Rockwave. Lots of my old friends went there. Sadly I did not manage to be there myself. Having spent the better part of the last two months by my father's side in the hospital Maiden's music gave me strength through the long nights and days. Ok maybe not the latest albums but most definitely the albums I have so close to my heart since I was 13 years old. Spoke to a couple friends after the show last night. They said it was special.
Only saw this today. All the best to you and your family mate, stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back