Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few bullet points after the Rockwave gig:

- the Maiden gig started with a delay of approx. 45 minutes - unknown cause;
- the show was far better than I expected. The guys were in really good shape and the sound was massive;
- the channels of H and Dave seemed louder than Janick’s, but overall the sound was very good;
- I f###ing hate moshing in general and at Maiden gigs especially. It is not the music and the place for this kind of s**t and it is very, very disturbing for people who are there to enjoy the music and the show;
- TLOTB setlist is one of their best, this is definitely a show to remember and it would be tragic if they don’t release a live album after.

Last edited:
A few bullet points after the Rockwave gig:

- the Maiden gig started with a delay of approx. 45 minutes - unknown cause;

Unknown cause? Before The Clansman Bruce said that the late start was to make sure the 36,000 people could enter the venue!

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how the great romance of Nathalie and Adrian came about?

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how the great romance of Nathalie and Adrian came about?

No idea, but they have been together since the mid 80s. Adrian tells a funny story about buying TNOTB in Canada for her in 1984 so she could listen to what music he did on the Classic Albums documentary.

Ah, one more thing. I’ve convinced myself that everything we talk here on overplayed songs is s**t. The best reactions of the public were on FOTD, IM and TETMD. Unfortunately, the overplayed songs are those requested by the general public and you can’t beat that.

Ah, one more thing. I’ve convinced myself that everything we talk here on overplayed songs is s**t. The best reactions of the public were on FOTD, IM and TETMD. Unfortunately, the overplayed songs are those requested by the general public and you can’t beat that.

You are right. Us Maiden nerds might think they are overplayed, but they are bona fide classics.

On a side note, I will never forget 90,000 people singing every word to Run to the Hills at Donington in 2013.

I can't get over how good Flight of Icarus sounds on this tour, Bruce sings it even better than on the videos I've seen from his 1998 solo tour. It's insane.

maiden seem to be going from strength to strengthen!!
looking forward to the maiden boyz hitting this side of the atlantic next year which i have been told is defo..

Maiden has given us die hard nerd fans a decent amount of material IMO. I like how they try and branch our to all of their fanbase and keep everyone satisfied. Doing Children Of The Damned and Powerslave last year was really amazing! Just think about how often they have done those songs when touring for a new album.

It is really heartbreaking to watch all these videos from Rockwave. Lots of my old friends went there. Sadly I did not manage to be there myself. Having spent the better part of the last two months by my father's side in the hospital Maiden's music gave me strength through the long nights and days. Ok maybe not the latest albums but most definitely the albums I have so close to my heart since I was 13 years old. Spoke to a couple friends after the show last night. They said it was special.

Having spent the better part of the last two months by my father's side in the hospital Maiden's music gave me strength through the long nights and days.
That sucks, man. Hope it gets better for you and your family soon.

I think they met in Canada in 1984 or 1985, during the World slavery tour (she’s Canadian), and probably settled together in 1987/88. I think there was a small notice about this in the Run to the hills book?

Pretty sure the show itself might have given more strength than missing it, Gk1.

Would he have died (or get worse) if you went to it?

I wish you strength in these days!

You are right. Us Maiden nerds might think they are overplayed, but they are bona fide classics.

On a side note, I will never forget 90,000 people singing every word to Run to the Hills at Donington in 2013.
90.000? Holy shit that might have been more than Wacken Open Air in 2008 when I saw them for the first time abroad, with Perun and national acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back