Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got used to Janick's HBTN solo now. I like it.

But his takes on SOTC, Revelations and especially FTGGOG have been abysmal this year.

Favourite solo of his in the set? Clansman by far.

Fuckin hell some bunch of crybabies on here, I saw all the posts before I listened to the clip, hardly anything wrong with it.

I'd love a really great explanation of why Maiden allows Janick to play solos that aren't his. They do plenty of material that has his solos. There's no need for him to play and ruin classic solos like that.

You think Maiden owe you an explanation? Get over yourself, as Bruce says on Maiden England. Tough Shit, Fuck off and listen to some other shit.

I've never got the whole "Waaah Janick butchers all the solos" thing. It's not like the solos he takes were actually that notable anyway. I mean, Revelations, Moonchild, Hallowed (this one I actually prefer Janick's version, especially the Rock In Rio one), Trooper, these are hardly any of Adrian's best.

Now, if Janick were to take over something like Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son I'd be disappointed, because they're some of my favourites of Adrian. Until then, he can do what he likes :p

I've never got the whole "Waaah Janick butchers all the solos" thing. It's not like the solos he takes were actually that notable anyway. I mean, Revelations, Moonchild, Hallowed (this one I actually prefer Janick's version, especially the Rock In Rio one), Trooper, these are hardly any of Adrian's best.

Now, if Janick were to take over something like Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son I'd be disappointed, because they're some of my favourites of Adrian. Until then, he can do what he likes :p

If Janick took SIASL solo, the world would have imploded and we would all die a slow painful death.

For me: Revelations - I prefer H's version this year (the VH-style chromatic tapping bit is tasty)
Moonchild - Adrian again. It fits the song better.
Hallowed - Janick. It fits the song better.
Phantom - Janick.

The song that shows how to utilise Jan's solos perfectly is BTATS. Fast part resembling destruction and chaos with Jan soloing over it, it's just perfect.

That particular TETMD wasn't too terrible and I don't mind Janick's (more or less) occasional sloppines that much and I like many of his solos.

...but his recent takes on Revelations solos, not to even mention Moonchild '08, are really rather weak. It's not that they're bad solos on their own, they just feel out of place when compared to Adrian's job with those. And even without any unfair comparisons, you can clearly hear how out of place Moonchild solo in Flight 666 sounds. As I said, it's not that bad, but it doesn't really blend into the song nearly as well and beautifully as Adrian manages to make it do. I guess that's the reason why so many find Janicks attempts so terrible sometimes.

So, I really like Janick and he's really been amazing for past few tours too, but there are a couple of solos that really aren't that great attempts. And I'm definitely not being too picky here, I love most of his solos, live and recorded, anyway.

Last edited:
Janick, believe or not, is just human. Sometimes his solos are weak like American beer and sometimes they're amazing. Nothing special about it but I get that some people would love to hear original solo instead of his take on it. Those people can buy the album and listen to original solo any time they want to.

Janick, believe or not, is just human. Sometimes his solos are weak like American beer and sometimes they're amazing. Nothing special about it but I get that some people would love to hear original solo instead of his take on it. Those people can buy the album and listen to original solo any time they want to.

I think it was never an issue of the solos not sounding as the originals. It is that Jan is very sloppy with the solos he improvises. If you ask me I think that he plays the same phrases most of the time..and damn are they sloppy.

If Janick took SIASL solo, the world would have imploded and we would all die a slow painful death.

For me: Revelations - I prefer H's version this year (the VH-style chromatic tapping bit is tasty)
Moonchild - Adrian again. It fits the song better.
Hallowed - Janick. It fits the song better.
Phantom - Janick.

The song that shows how to utilise Jan's solos perfectly is BTATS. Fast part resembling destruction and chaos with Jan soloing over it, it's just perfect.

For me Janick is a great guitarist and suits the Maiden style ! His best solos are on Blood Brothers and Wasting Love.

Adrian's solo on HBTN is one of my favorites by him ! The Revelations solo is good, Janick does it good too. For Moonchild, I also prefer Adrian original solo.

Though, the original solo on POTO is from Dennis Stratton, I like the Adrian's version on Live After Death !

Isn't it time for Janick to change this disintegrating guitar... :confused::D I know it is sentimental for him (I think he plays with it since 1975), but.... at least repair/repaint it.

763.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back