Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
HCW was planned to close the show in 2016. That's why roadies vetoed it. If it was in the middle of the set, I think it wouldn't be such a problem.

''and it was meant to be played as a closing song on the last tour, in WY's place'' - so that's true. At least one of the rumours is right :D

Well, I actually like Heaven Can Wait - great solos and the who-a part is amazing ! According to setlist.fm is the 12th most played song live... :eek:

Anyway, is this can be seen as a upcoming TV live broadcast for some of the songs - like the Sky Arts highlights of Donington 2016... o_O

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/blekinge/svt-exklusivt-se-inledningen-av-iron-maidens-konsert
There's no mention of a TV broadcast of any songs there though? It's just about the two clips from Aces High and Where Eagles Dare, I'm pretty sure.

On a sidenote though, kind of embarrassing SVT managed to muck up the title case for the songs ("Aces high" and "Where eagles dare"). It's pretty basic English grammar, so its nonexistence in Swedish really doesn't fly as an excuse in 2018.

Well, I actually like Heaven Can Wait - great solos and the who-a part is amazing ! According to setlist.fm is the 12th most played song live... :eek:

Fun song and all, but I think that Wasted Years is just much better and the lyrics really have such a special meaning that kinda grows stronger with time. It's a great live song too, though not quite as obvious sing-along piece as HCW. Bruce seems to enjoy it quite a lot.

That being said, HCW seemed like a song destined to be featured on the first tour after Bruce's recovery. :)

Fun song and all, but I think that Wasted Years is just much better and the lyrics really have such a special meaning that kinda grows stronger with time. It's a great live song too, though not quite as obvious sing-along piece as HCW. Bruce seems to enjoy it quite a lot.

That being said, HCW seemed like a song destined to be featured on the first tour after Bruce's recovery. :)

Wasted Years is a Maiden classic for the ages ;) the lyrics are one of the best for sure !

That Spitfire is the best stage prop since Motörhead brought a Lancaster bomber.

Time to share my review of the concert.

@Black Wizard and myself showed up early and got close to the front where we stayed throughout both Killswitch and Maiden. The Dundee Weather God seemed to enjoy KE a lot, their show was a bit more up and down to me. Some songs engaged me and others not that much.

Then Maiden. I had by accident seen that Where Eagles Dare featured, but I thought it was the opener and was surprised to hear Churchill's speech and see that Spitfire. Having both Aces and WED was a real bonus and a great start to the set!

On the set in general, I was happy to hear some songs I hadn't heard live before (WED, FoI, Clansman, Sign of the Cross) and I think the set flowed quite well. Of course it was nice to have Hallowed back, too! And they certainly had put a lot of effort into the stage show, with the theme changes and all.

On the spot we stood, I didn't hear Janick's solos that clearly. I don't know if that was an issue elsewhere in the arena. But there were some cases where I heard every note by Dave as clearly as if I'd been wearing headphones, only to hear Janick's subsequent solo disappear in the mix.

Most impressive: Bruce is able to deliver this level of singing, two years after being treated for throat cancer. Incredible!

The photos look like time stopped for them good 5 years ago! And to think there was a cancer situation quite recently...

@matic22 What's that zebra-loaded 70s Strat that Dave's using? New one? I vaguely remember him playing a similar one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back